Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Is there anyone in Norwich/Norfolk who has been ttc for years & is now looking at DE options because of their age?? I am due to see 2 consultants this week in London (Drs Gorgy, & Thum at the Lister), for extra testing just to make sure we do not have any underlying problems for our unexplained fertility (apart from the age of my eggs ofcourse).

Would love to chat to any over 40s having (had) similar experiences.

Helen  ^santa^

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hi there - I didn't want to read and run.

I am not from Norfolk area, but London and although currently our consultant thinks we can use my own eggs at my age (42.5) I would definitely go for a donor egg if I am not pregnant by the end of 2011. It is a fact that it is the age of the egg and NOT the uterus that determines success rates in Donor IVF. If you're eggs are not of good quality it could save you much money, time and heartache to go straight to donor eggs.
Don't dismiss your own eggs yet though, not till they have done the AMH and HyCoSy scans to make sure what they "assume" might be going on, is going on. I had these tests , (the HyCoSy, not the most comfortable scan I have ever had, I must admit - but fascinating and a relief to know everything looks healthy in there.. ) and have been told to go ahead with IUI with my own. So, anything is possible !!

Some London clinics and I think Lister may be one of them do not have waiting lists for donor eggs but have them in freeze. My clinic does, I have already been told this by my Consultant.

Once fertilised and implanted snuggly inside your womb it becomes your egg and your baby..... no matter what.

Good luck with your journey to motherhood. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Kaybee.
I don't have any big issues with donor eggs actually, just a small regret not to pass on my genes but I have a wonderful niece & nephews doing just that. I suppose I would have loved to have mixed my dna with my husbands just to see what turns out & because of the special love we share...finally I would do everything to make sure as far as possible that any DE child of ours felt ok about their origins.... But over-riding all of that is the desire to love & raise a child & I believe we could do a more than ok job!

Anyway, I guess I would really like to chat to anyone in the Norfolk area who is in a similar position, & is having/had extra fertility testing. It is  rollercoaster this fertility lark, so all support & info is very welcome. What a great site this is!

Thanks again
Helenx  :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts