Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for this for so long now, and suddenly we see our cons tomorrow hopefully to get the green light on our freebie ivf.

Suddenly find myself cramming all the info I can from my library's worth of books so that I can ask all the questions I need to.  DH is chilling in the garden waiting for tomorrow so calmly - DOES HE NOT GET THAT WE NEED TO BE PREPARED!

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow my lovely cons will give us all the info we need and we find out when and where we need to be and then the clock ticks again.

Good luck ladies, please keep your fingers crossed for us x

^hugme^

·
Registered
849 Posts
^fairydust^ ^doc^ ^fairydust^

^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^

good luck for your appointment

best wishes

Kate

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi there

Good luck for tomorrow  ;) I am sure it will be fine. Ask as many questions as you need to even if you think they're silly ones. That's what they're there for and you're paying him for! You don't want to get home and wish you'd asked something else.

GOOD LUCK for the coming weeks and months whichever way you go  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Rachel x

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your messages.

Been on this road for so long now but it only seems like yesterday that it all started, hopefully the end is soon!

Am sure my mind will go completely blank when I get there!

xxx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
How did it go?  ??? ???

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rachel

I am still in shock.  There was I working my way through the plan that the hosp had given me and I was expecting to be told how long the waiting list was (think it was 12 weeks) to start at Care and what to expect with the IVF, what method my cons is recommending for me etc...

And suddenly they have decided that I can have 2 more IUI and did I want a scan to see if I could do one now?????????????

WHAT!

Went for my scan, couple of follies, trace of fluid, possibly just ovulated etc - did I want to come back in at 10am tomorrow for my IUI?

WHAT!

I think they caught me so unawares that I felt rushed into it all and to calm myself down I said no, not this time.  We have been ttc alone again since March IUI BFP that we had got so far this cycle on our own we needed to finish it.  I think just to take control again I had to say that.  DH thinks I have lost the plot, but I felt so panicked and rushed I couldnt say anything but.

So we will ttc for the rest of this cycle, go on our long deserved hols and come back to continued IUI.

How can they get it so wrong?

I almost feel disappointed that I cant start IVF yet.  Think I have managed to stay sane over the last year or so by ticking everything off in order whether it be points in cycle, tests, date scans that fitting in 2 more IUI seems so inconvenient.  But I know that I am lucky (or they have got their timings really wrong) to have even more treatment offered and I know that medication wise I can sail through these IUI, hopefully with a BFP somewhere along the way.  And then I will have to wait again before I need to move to the next step.

Thank you for keeping in touch, need to update my profile now!

Take care, Emma x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts