Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am absolutely dumbfounded and overwhelmed, I today got a BFP on 3 different tests, I have been posting all week about opk as I had an ongoing surge, I did a hpt test a few weeks ago and this was BFN, however still with sore boobs I did one (three) today and all BFP. Early days but very very excited.  I could be 5-6 weeks I think.  All this I am sure was down to acupuncture, diet and met(I have only been on met for 6 weeks!)
Fingers crossed wishing you all lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Should I stop taking the met now???????
Strawbs xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS STRAWBS................ BET YOU'LL GET ON THE  ^phone^ TO TELL EVERYONE YOU GOT A  ^BFP^ THEN  CELEBRATE WITH A ^drink^ (LEMONADE)
HAVE A HAPPY 9 MONTHS
EVA

·
Registered
431 Posts
Strawbs

FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!!!!!!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ You must be on cloud nine, ^cloud9^ have a very healthy and happy 8 mths!

Best Wishes

G xxxx

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!  Wonderful news!!!  Now sit back and relax!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Congratulation Strawbs....fab news for you ^pompom^

Have a very happy and healthy pg :)

Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Strawbs!

Congratulations!!!!!!

I was only on met for 4 weeks when I fell pg! I also tried reflexology. I now have a beautiful 7.5 month old little girl!

Regarding stopping met, I was told by my clinic to keep taking until I was 12 weeks because research has shown that it can reduce the risk of miscarriage. (I had a previous miscarriage!) Not all clinics agree with this so I would ask your clinic!

Congrats again!!!! :)  Wishing you a happy and healthy pg!!!

Take care

Emmaxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Congratulations Strawbs!  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Have a happy and healthy 8 months.

Emma  :)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Dear Straws.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm delighted for you! Seems that Metformin is doing the trick for quite a few of us lately, which is excellent.

In answer to the Metformin question, I stopped taking it as soon as I got my BFP. This was purely out of choice. I felt that Metformin is a drug, and although there is no evidence to say so, no one knows the long terms effects it could have on a fetus. My GP could not offer any useful advice, so I had to make the decision myself.

I would speak to your GP, or whoever it was the prescribed your the Metformin before making a decision though. There could be a very good reason that they want you to stay on it - i.e. to help prevent a possible miscarriage, or help control your blood sugar level. It all really depends on the individual - and it is a personal choice at the end of the day!

Congrats once again,
Kate x

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Strawbs

Many congrats on your BFP.

With Metformin, my Clinic advised me to stop taking as soon as I got a BFP but I was reluctant to do this because of research I had done on internet as it is meant to help prevent miscarriage.  Anyways, I got my clinic to agree to me reducing the amount I took gradually over a few weeks rather than just suddenly stopping it.  As you can see from my tickers I have a 10 month old DD and I am now 8 weeks pregnant.  I am still taking the Metformin but have gone from taking 2 x 850 mg a day down to only half a tablet a day now.

Best of luck.

Terri xx

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Congratulations Strawbs, wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy

All the best

Niki x ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^banana^ ^clapping^ ^rainbow^ ^fairydust^ ^BFP^

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Strawbs

Hurrah!!  ^BFP^ ^BFP^  Congratulations! You must be over the moon....!! All the best for the coming months.

Jules xxx

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you girls for your kind words.  I am elated and so is DH, I honestly never ever thought it would happen to me but it has.  Things are ticking along at quite a pace already I have a booking in appoinment with the dr next week and a scan on 19th when I could be as much as 8 weeks!!!! OMG OMG.  Have to say I didn't sleep a wink last night floating around in my bubble-just hope nothing happens to burst it.  All I can say is that I have lived like a monk for 6 months no alcohol at all or caffeine for 3 months-helathy diet and lots of alternative therapies, it has been worth it in the end.  I have reallly changed my lifestyle since summer last year.  Fingers crossed for all you ttc ers!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
strawbs xxxxxx
bit early to move to a bun in the oven thread I think!!!
I have been advised my consul to stop wth met so I have today

·
Registered
299 Posts
congratulations - i also got pregnant after 4 weeks on met!!! i was advised to stop met but some people stay on it - check with your doc.

well done girl!!!

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Strawbs

Think I replied to your question about OPK's !!

Fantastic news that you got a ^BFP^

Here's to a happy & healthy pregnancy & beyond ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Take care
Natasha ^reiki^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.