Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I know this is a bit of a grey area and that people have huge mixed emotions and feelings on it, that some people simply do not have an option to have 2 embryos back in.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had 2 put back at LWH?  Who did you talk the embryologists round?  Did you feel pressured?

Hugs to you all xx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump x

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi

I only had one embryo transferred at women's but I know some ladies have had 2...not sure of their circumstances though so maybe post on the main LWH thread which is quite active and someone will hopefully be able to answer your questions xxx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4leafclover  Thank you xx

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi,

I had 2 transferred at LWH on my last cycle x

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Belle xx

·
Registered
526 Posts
At our PIE they said they are being pushed for just single embryo transfers by the powers that be to reduce the number of multiple births further, but from being on the LWH for a while now, I think it all depends on your age, number of cycles and the number & quality of your embryo's.

If you're under 35 and have a few good embryo's growing that look like they will get to the blastocyst stage when they assess on day 2/3, then they will just transfer one blast on day 5. If they don't look like they are growing as they'd hope or you only have two embryos developing, then they will put two back on day2/3 to improve your chances.

If you're over 35 or had a previous unsuccessful cycle then they are more likely to put two back, again to improve chances of success.

Hope that helps x

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks hun that's real useful. Wishing you all the luck in the world for your cycle xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts