Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I know I haven't been on here for ages but I need some advice please:

One of my twins (Natasha) stopped drinking formula milk at the age of nine months, the docs said they weren't concerned as long as she gets her diary from cheese, youghurts. I don't quite feel comfortable with this. The only milk I can get down her is 5 ounces in her cereal, she doesn't want anything to do with her bottle and have tried cups etc. Has anyone else had this, are diary products sufficient for her?

I can't believe she stopped drinking milk i'm so worried for her because she doesn't eat that much food either.

Any advice anyone?

Thanks

Wc

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi WC

I had the same problem with BOTH of my 2 around the same age - they just weren't interested.

Luckily, they loved yogurt's and cheese and ate loads of those daily.  I used to make lots of cheese and milk sauces to go along with fish, meats and pasta dishes - its surprising how you can sneak it in.  Ready brek in the mornings was also another great trick.  You can also get calcium down here by giving her lots of green leafy veggies too (often over looked!).  I would also offer mine a small bowl of cereal at bedtimes (anything for a quiete night!LOL) as they were not taking a final night bottle.

Mine have both been fine and are now (nearly 2yrs) finally beginning to drink some milk from cups - only taken over a year ::) ;D

I would try not to stress over it and just keep offering her some milk from a cup from time to time and see what happens!

Take care

Amanda x

·
Registered
366 Posts
My daughter was also like this and it is a worry especially as she was such a tiny thing anyway ::)

Even before I weaned her I struggled to get milk into her it used to take hours, tried everything at the time different teat sizes etc etc.

She ended up looking really frail and thin and the hospital gave me this build up powder mixture to add to her bottles.

However as soon as I started weaning her which was four months as recommended then she thrived and I was able to introduce milk in her foods, milky puddings, cereals, custard, yoghurt etc.

At nine or ten months I was lucky to get one cup of milk into her.

I came to the conclusion she was a baby who didn't like milk ;D ;D ;D

Like your little one she was an incredibly fussy eater too and a tiny tiny girl.

Now at eleven years old what does she drink every evening through choice - a cup of milk ;D ;D

And now she complains she is fat ^idiot^She's not but she is certainly not wasting away either. ;D

I know how worrying it is though when you can't get the milk into them.

I have to add considering she took hardly any milk she went through the night at 12 weeks and I have never had a disturbed night since.

Work that one out because I sure can't :) :)

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi WC,
my neice stopped drinking formula a 4 months (!!) Weaning advice then was from 4 months. My sister gave her lots of yoghurts, cheese and cows milk on everything she could get it on, but she didn't really like drinking it either. She was given vitamin drops too, and she's turned out just fine - a very clever little girl!
Jane
xxx

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your advice, very valuable and I am certainly trying to push as much milk based stuff into her as possible.

I suppose I just have to get used to the fact she doesn't like milk as a drink.

Thanks guys.

Luv Wc xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts