Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lovely ladies

I'm feeling very sad at having to give up breastfeeding in preparation for more treatment however had made a plan in my mind however it looks like Libby may be making the decision herself!!

I stopped her 2 day time feeds a week ago, replacing one of them with cows milk in a cup (and a biscuit!) which she has begun to enjoy more each day :) id planned to stop the nigth time feed in a few weeks then tackle the night time feeds (she still wakes at least twice) next month! however the last 2 nights she has only fed for 1 minute at the night time feed which used to be approx 10mins!! also all the other feeds has reduced hugely, even the first feed of the morning which was the longest

so do i take this as the cue to stop the others too? im gutted to stop so quickly but would rather she was happy than me?!

thanks in advance

love
Suze xx

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi Suze,

I don't have any direct experience of a little one voluntarily cutting down their feeds..... However, this does sound like what your little one is doing, to me.

Assuming you can rule out that it isn't teething or illness related, then I would just go with it, and see what happens.  Although it is earlier than you planned, at least the process will be a happy one for your LO.

L-J

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi,
my little girl has also reduced her feeds herself, but the few she does have she really wants still (especially the night feed) and i need to start to get her off to start some medication that i can not b/f on.
I will also be sad to stop but need to for my health, i just dont know how to approach it with the least uspet to my little one.
any tips anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.