Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 1st scan today to see how many follicals i have was gutted that i only have 3 and they are all under 10mm which is what they were looking for,im on 450 menopur so a high dose.was told may have to cancell cycle,go back on friday for another scan ..what chances do i have of having anymore follis by then and also of the other ones being any bigger,,im gutted cant stop crying..
sue

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hi!

Not enough experience to be of much use I'm afraid. I don't know what the chances of having any more are - probably not too great - but the ones you have could easily grow much more by then.

Fingers crossed the news is good for you. If they do cancel tx though, remember it's for the right reasons - to give you more chance of having a successful tx. They don't cancel unless they have really good reason to do so, and if you're not sure about their reasons just ask.

Good luck!

Marie

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying but sadley just got a phone call my hormone levels are low 36 they need to be 100+preferably 1000,she said my body is not absorbing the drugs,so got to cancell this cycle and wait for an appointment to see where we go next,gutted cant stop crying....

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
hi lilac
really sorry to hear you have had to have your cycle cancelled. that happened to me on my first go at IVF and to say I was gutted is an understatement...really understand what you are going through and you dont really prepare yourself for not even getting to egg collection.
Before my second IVF I took DHEA 3months prior to the treatment...(Lots of threads aroundthis subject) this had the effect of bringing down my fsh and I also got 5 eggs at EC..that doesnt sound like a lot to most people but its quality not quantity.
when you go back fro your follow up I would insist that you areput on MAXIMUM stimms..450 is not the top whack, you can go up to 600...hopefully that will make the difference..
I know you are suffering right now but don't loose heart.. ^hugme^
Pobby x

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
p.s Dont ask for 600 menpur..think i took 300 menopur and 300 puregon...will have to get back to you on that one as cant remember the exact protocol but the latter is believed to be better for poor responders...a tweek of your drug regime may be all that you need  ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aww ty pobby yes i did read on here somewhere someone had 600 of menopur just cant find it ....mmm dhea sounds interesting will have to read threads on that,yep gutted is an understatment,had to go into work after ,manager said how did u get on and i could not stop crying for ages,,,still crying now but looking at other poor responders like you is giving me hope for next attempt...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Hi Lilacbunnykins (love the name!!  ;D )
You will feel better soon i promise...it is amazing how we find the strength to go forward...but we do!
I wish i could say to you that IVF with my own eggs had worked but alas, it did not....However, I had the opportunity which was so important..i tried twice with the higher stims and although the embryos were late developers they were both grade 1..I only ever had one..I needed that experience of being PUPO to get some sort of closure before moving onto donor eggs...there is a great thread called "poor responders" who are under the IVF section..there is a lot of pregnancies on there right now so I'm sure they will be able to advise you and are a great bunch of girls...
I remember that i used gonal f which seemed to work well for me!
pobs xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts