Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my 1st scan today for ivf to see how many follicals i have im on 450 menopur a day so a high dose,but they only found 3 follicals all measuring less then 10mm,they said they should have been 10 plus by today,been told to go back friday for 2nd scan but not looking good,has anyone else had this and they doubled in space of 2 days,im so gutted cant stop crying,this is my only go its nhs funded,she did say we can cancell the cycle and have another attempt in few months time,but we would have to pay for the drugs we have used which will be nearly £1,000!!this we was saving for if we had any frozen embys,but she said she dont think we would get that many to be able to freeze,talk about slap u in the face....please anyone  any good storys...
sue

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
what day are you on??

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Speak to Danni29 she was a slow responder and eventually when she got to EC she collected 20 eggs !!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sue,
Sorry things not as you hoped, same happened to me on the first cycle but no follicles at all, had to wait to start again on a SP, went for 1st scan on monday and still only 1 and maybe a small one. This was day 8 but only just had the 6th jab so hoping it may improve by next scan friday, but was told may not be good news. Have been researching loads of old posts about people having this happen but it all coming good in the end, many get to EC with enouugh follies. I have taken the rest of the week off work to rest, drink, have pineapple juice and loads of protein to do all I can, do feel better not having pressure of work and can concentrate on more important matters. Try to keep positive, we may just need a bit more time than everyone else to finish the race but it don't mean we can't get there. Best of luck, keep me posted about how you get on,
                                                                                                            Ally

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Bunnykins - don't give up; some people just need to stim for a bit longer than others for all their follies to appear.  Plus remember you only need one good egg.

My sister was a poor responder too - she had high FSH.  At her first scan while stimming they saw 3 follies but by EC there were 5 and she got 5 eggs.  I know this doesn't sound like a vast haul but they all fertilised and she is now expecting twins and has two frosties.  There are plenty of similar success stories - I have seen several people on this board get a BFP with only 3 eggs at EC and can think of at least 2 people who got a BFP out of only one egg at EC.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well not good ,hosp just called said its over basicly,she said my bloods come back and my hormone levels are low meaning the drugs are not being absorbed into my body,said we can try again in few months and they would try me on another protocol with same drug...im gutted cant stop crying....just want a baby in my arms..... :'( :'( :'(

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Bunny - I know you must be devastated but a change in protocol can make all the difference.  There are also things you can look into such as DHEA to boost your response.  I would pop down to the "poor responder" thread under IVF general chit-chat and you'll see that you are not alone in going through a cancelled cycle. 

Note - the official line is that DHEA is not recommended by Fertility Friends since it is not licensed in the UK and should thus only be taken under the supervision of your doctor.  This post does not intend to suggest otherwise.  However, if you want more information so that you can make up your own mind then google DHEA and infertility/IVF response or something.  Also, the ladies on the "poor responder" thread can help - there have been some great success stories among those who have researched this and come to their own conclusions.   

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi there

I am so very sorry to read you have had to abandon this cycle.  It is so hard when this happens, I know. 

I can confirm that different protocols can help a lot.  Also that even with low follie numbers you can get a result.

Thinking of you.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi babe,
I'm sorry to hear your  news , its devastating when things like this happen. But please don't give in. They have learnt something about your body from this cycle so the next one would be different. I hope it all works out babe  :-* :-* :-*

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Sue,

Just wanted to say how sorry I am that you're going through this. It really isn't easy coping with a cancelled cycle especially when we've put in so much time, energy and money already.

Just want to send you some much needed  ^hugme^

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Really sorry you've had to abandon this cycle  :'( you must be gutted. I have been reading about this a lot recently on forums, some ladies are told they can start the short protocol as soon as their next AF arrives, has there been any mention of long protocol poss not suiting you? I don't know if this helps at all as I don't know enough about it but I thought I might as well mention it, as it might be worth asking the Doctors if you can start again as soon as possible? Anyway sending you a  ^hugme^

Love Elle xx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Bunny  ^hugme^

I'm so sorry to hear you had to cancel your cycle xxxxx

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they said i would be on same drug but dffrent protocol so maybe will be on short one as this was long one,feeling bit better today ,scared to go through it all again but hopefull it will work better next time,one thing though,does anyone know when my period will be ,as they mess up your body with the drugs,i didnt think to ask as was so upset being told would need to cancel...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hi babe,
I think everyones cycles can vary. I usually get AF within 2 days of a failed treatment but thats on a full cycle. Some girls i know on a full cycle take weeks to get AF. So i don't think theres any set time hun, just a waiting game. Hope AF arrive soon for you though so you can start to focus on the Short Protocol. I know loads of girls where this has worked better for them  ;)

Sending you  ^hugme^  :-* xx

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi bunnykins,
This happened to me on a LP so stopped and advised BMS for the one follicle just in case, then when next AF could start short protocol. Was hoping there may be a BFP but AF eventaully arrived after 3 weeks, so don't get too worried about the wait, Better luck next time,
                      Ally

1 - 15 of 15 Posts