Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i went to see my consultant a few month back, he gave me a diagram of the proceedure.

I'd start on cd21 with Buserelin then a week later start on Menopur and then a week after that be scanned and get hCG a couple of days later. Then EC 36 hours later. Then ET a couple of days later.

That only tallies at about 20 days... so just under 3 week.

Isn't that a bit quick? Most people seem to talk about a couple of months of drug therepy.

I'm just wondering if i'm understanding the diagram correctly?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Think that might be about right for the short protocol ICSI!  Some people do short and others long, the long one for me was DR for 17 days and then stimming for about 2 weeks and then EC, followed by ET three days later!

I am doing the long one again next time because I respond a little bit slower when stimming although I ended up with 18 eggs from 24 follicles, I think they decide on whether you do short or long based on you and how they think you will respond to either!  Dont worry though, a lot of people do short protocol so yeah, you are probably reading it right! 

Good Luck for your treatment! x

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah i see, thanks Lisa :)

I didn't realise that there was a short protocol and a long one, just different drugs etc.

3 weeks suits me just fine, but i was starting to wonder ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi L_ouise, thats what is happening to me, its mine first try of icsi, i have been on buserilen(need to correct my spelling ???) for a week and my baseline scan is on Monday..so Lisa i think you must be right short protocol ....so confusing :-\

1 - 4 of 4 Posts