Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Im sure you all know the trouble I have had with my clinic in the past and if your dont your lucky  ;D ;D

I am just a bit unsure of something and need advice as I dont want to miss out on the chance of basting again :eek:

Last cycle was 28 days which is shorter than usual and I ov'd on day 13 I am now on day 9 of my cylcle and I thought I would start opk's as I was getting a few crampy pains,at first it looked neg,but when I had a closer look later there is a VERY faint second line.I am gonna do another one tomorrow but I just wondered if its possible to ov this early-panicking now as I dont want to miss out on tx as my clinic are closed at the weekends and I am not due for a scan until monday(day 13)

Thanks for reading

Kelly x

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hi ya Kelly

It's really difficult to answer your question unfortunatley as we are all so different.  I think all you can do is keep going with the pee sticks as it is definitely possible to ovulate as early as day 6 for some! 

I think the result becomes unreliable after a certain amount of time - normally 10 mins but this should be written on the pack instructions.  If it is negative chuck it out and don't refer to it again and start a new one the next day and take it from there.

Good luck and soooo hope you make it this time too!

Holly xx

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Holly,

Thanks for the reply,I was kinda thinking the same about reading the result after a certain time,Im still getting crampy pains though so I will do another test tomorrow and watch it and like you said chuck it if its neg-if it comes up iffy I will call the clinic. ^reiki^

Kelly x

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi Kelly

Just wanted to add that when i was using OPK's i had a faint 2nd line for about 4-5 days before it turned into a definate positive.  Each time i asked the Consultant he told me that it didnt mean anything unless it was the same or stronger strength than line number one.  Hope you know what i am talking about!!!

Lots of Luck
Amanda x

·
Registered
118 Posts
I too couldnt' work it out whether the opt was positive or negative, but trust me, you'll know when it's positive, the line is very strong.
Consider switching to Clearblue digital. Much easier to read, you get a smiley  :) when it's positive and a O when it's negative. I found it was worth the extra couple of quid, it put my mind at rest.
xxx
V.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.