Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is wishfull thinking but on my opk tests to start with I had no 2nd line which then slowly began to get darker over afew days. However not as dark as the guideline and then just diappeared again. Sooooo does this mean I didn't ovulate??? Please help thankyou.

Minky

^fairydust^

^Cuddle^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

I only used OPK's for a few months back when we 1st ttc. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I remember your "test" line has to be the same colour, if not darker, than the "guideline" to indicate LH surge. You would ovulate about 36 hours after the surge. It could be that your LH level was not enough to trigger ovulation ???
Sorry if this isn't a positive response to your question...and I have heard that if you have PCOS it can sometimes cause problems with an accurate reading :-\ Fingers crossed you did ovulate & it's just the test was inaccurate.
Are you having progesterone level blood tests or any other monitoring to confirm ovulation ?

Good luck & take care ^reiki^
Natasha

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Hi Minky

I had the same problem this month. I'm going to see my medical advisor to see if I can get a blood test next month to confirm if I am or not oving. It might be worth while you doing the same whilst doing the okps, that way you will know for sure what the lines mean.

hope this helps

Debs

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
Minky,

I have to agree with natasha,im sure it has to be the same colour and not lighter,the past two months when mine have been posotive the lines are exactly the same and dont seem to fade,hope this helps hunny x

Kelly x

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am having day 21 tests done which i will go 4 next week but i have also been told the lh surge can only be detected for 8 hours sounds like there is a good chance of missing on the old pee sticks 2 me but yet here i am still doing them.

i am only on clomid Natasha.

thank you all for helping me thought and wishing you all the best for this month

minky

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi

i was told by my gp not to bother using them as i have pcos and they are not reliable for pcos sufferers, i have bloods done every month just to check
hope this helps

love and ^fairydust^
suzie aka olive xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

Sorry, I wasn't assuming you were taking anything other than clomid - PCOS is polycystic ovarian syndrome & I wasn't sure if you've been diagnosed with this or not...if you have then this can sometimes effect the OPK's reading.
OPK's pick up LH surge & you should then ovulate 36 hours after the surge.
If you have a 28 day cycle then a CD21 progesterone level blood test should tell you whether you ovulated or not, however, if you don't have a 28 day cycle then it may not give a correct reading...progesterone level tests should be done 7dpo (7 days past ovulation) eg if you ovulated CD10 then test should be done CD17, if you didn't ovulate until CD19 then progesterone level should be checked CD26.
I stopped using OPK's after only a couple of months of ttc - I actually ovulate naturally anyway but found using OPK's became obsessive & my consultant advised against using them for this reason....and they also make you worry/stress too much that you might not have ovulated if you can't read them properly !
Hope you get a positive result from your CD21 test.
Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hi Minky,

I kept getting exactly the same when I used OPK's at the beggining of this year. I'm not sure what it means because it says if you are ovulating then the 2nd line should be darker ?! It gets a bit confusing and i got a bit obsessed too so gave up. Once I relaxed and stopped using the OPK's and just enjoyed things and did it between days 10-17 I got caught!  Sadly, it ended up in an ectopic at 6 half weeks but I really do believe the fact that I chilled out really helped.

Good Luck, I am now TTC again too (not using OPKS tho!!).   Jo xx
PS. After some day 21 BT etc.. it showed i dont ovulate every month anyhow  ::)

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I wouldn't rely on OPK's to rpedict ovulation. Especially if you have PCOS. I've only had 2 +ive OPK's in 6 months, but my bloods showed otherwise. They seem pretty unreliable to me.
xx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know what you all mean with the becoming obsessive  about what the lines mean so i gave up in the end as well although now on cd 23 i have started 2 get a little bleeding which i find a little warring any ideas ?

Minky79

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.