Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a morbid fear of the dentist.  I went a few weeks back, and I kid you not, they were shocked.  I was crying and screaming, and I'm even more scared of dentists than spiders.  ???   
I even bit the guy's finger when he was having a look in my mouth, I was so scared.

Anyway, during my pregnancy 2 years ago, I managed to get plaque build up.  :-[ Apparently this is very normal in pregnancy, but mine hardened (behind two teeth).   I brush twice daily, and have now started to floss and use mouthwash.   I'm having treatment next week  ^eyes^ (only amounts to a clean and polish, but you'd think I was having an amputation, I'm so scared)  I also have swollen gums.  (again, in front of two teeth)

Can having swollen gums cause implantation problems, or decrease your fertility?  I only ask as I have no known fertility problems and still no baby.  (using donor sperm due to hubby's fertility problem)   

I admit I havent been great with dental appts, but thats because I'm so scared.  I'm trying to rectify it now!

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Not that I know of Marielou, however I do recall reading somewhere that your mouth is supposed to be a representation of your bodies harmonies (some eastern medicine philosophy no doubt).

I hate the dentist too and am franticly putting off going 'cos I know he's going to ask me to have my wisdom teeth removed!

Good luck
Debs

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Marie all day I have been trying to rack my brains as I have read a report on dental health and fertility and for the life of me cannot think and it said that dental health/disease/etc doesn't cause any known fertility problems (Don't quote me on that cause it wasn't that word for word but near enough and was the jist of it).  I will try to remember where i read it but I can specifically remember reading this cause I have dental issues too sweetie.

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Just remembered where I read it - sat in the dentists waiting room! Doh!  ;D ;D
Must be true ;D

Take care
Debs

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
;D ;D

awwwwww I am surprised they arent more understanding with you hunni,

My dentist is fabulous... (i am not scared of them though)  and very french yum.... he is so sweet and even my DF who is petrified os dentists goes to him and doesnt break out in a sweat anymore  ;D

I dont think in anyway oral hygene would stop you getting Pg hunni.

Hugs

Debs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much girls ~ I've been blaming myself for not getting pregnant and giving myself a hard time, which makes going to the dentists so much harder, as I put so much pressure on myself. 

I'm going to the dentist on Wednesday, and I'm terrified!

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Awww sweetie, wishing you luck for Wednesday hunni, Just remember at least you have someone looking at your head end this time and not prodding and poking around in your never regions  ;D

Just give your self a bug pat on the back for even making the appointment hunni and take it a step at a time  :)

Love

Debs
xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
;D didnt get the chance to bite him!!!

I was in so much pain with my eye yesterday (my newborn niece managed to dig one of her fingers into my eye last week, I've managed to get an infected cornea  ::) )  and I've got a very fetching patch and eye cream to use everyday!  Anyway, its agony, and when the dentist saw how much pain I was in, he rebooked my appt for nbext month. 

So, I've got that to 'look forward' to.  :eek:  Arrgghh!!

Marie xx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Awww sweetie you are in the wars aren't you ^hugme^.  I will send you  ^reiki^ dentist vibes all month so by the time your next appt comes round you will be calm! (Oh if only I did have actual calmer powers - oh well)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.