·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home and Good Luck

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi girls,been on 2ww and had BFN today,just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU for all your support over the last month or so,spoke to clinic and said would leave it for a bit and try again in january 3rd time luckly!
good luck to you all hope your dreams come true,just going to wait a bit longer for mine!
              love sarah c xx

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Orangies  ;D

Sorry I haven't posted for a while - been so busy with one thing or another and haven't even got to stims yet (will hopefully get the go ahead tomorrow - have an appt tmrw at 8.30 am to see if my lining is thin enough to start stimming - after 3.5 weeks down regging boy am I ready!!).

Unfortunately haven't got time for personals, but just wanted to wish Caroline good luck for her chat with DH later.  Me and my DH are in a similar situation to you, same ages, no kids, first time ICSI, etc. My DH hasn't really talked about his feelings with me, he just seems to be going with the flow, something I know he wouldn't want to do unless he really didn't want to - typical guy, just bottling things up.  I guess it must be just as hard on them as it is on us - having a child is a big commitment and will bring a great deal of change and the fact that we are having such a difficult start doesn't help.  I think your DH is just having a "wobble" and his drinking binge is probably a cry for reassurance from you - perhaps he feels left out?  Once he sees how strong and positive you are about the future, I'm sure it will give him the confidence to carry on.

Lots of cuddles,

Minty

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hiya everyone,

Hope you are all doing OK.

Sarah, so sorry to hear you have got a -ve result. I was really hoping things would be different. Sending you lots and lots of love.

Caroline, Hope you manage to have a good talk with your husband tonight and try to sort things out. it's hard to know how IF can affect our other halves as they sem to be able to keep their feelings so well hidden. Sending you lots of love.

BlueSoo, not sure what time your ec was but I hope you have got on OK. Hope you managed to get some lovely little eggies.

SarahLou, hope the job interview went well.

Nicki, great news on your 2 blasts. Wishing you lots and lots of luck for your 2ww.

Debs, sending you lots of orange thoughts. Still no orange spots so I hope this will do!

Max, sending you a big hug too, sounds like you need it today.
I'm feeling happy(but bored on this 2ww!) so sending you over lots of happy thoughts.....hope you can feel them coming throught the keyboard!! ;D

We actually left the house today!! Hubby thought I might be getting bored staying in but to be truthful I think he's getting fed up of doing housework! :p We went a drive out to Ettington to see how long it would take us to get there for the FF summer meet-up and it was quite a nice drive. It didn't take long at all, but then nothing ever does when hubby is driving :eek: At least that manage to pass a couple of hours today. Oh well, only 191 hours until test day!!!! ;D

Sending you all lots of love and luck
Sally
xxxxxx

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Everone

Hope all on 2ww are coping well, and the rest of us who arn't quite there yet are doing ok!!!!

It looks like my ec will be on friday, I have to phone the hospital tomoorrow to find out!! I hope so though because I hate doing the jabs everyday, and dh cant do them so I have to do them myself!! and of course as soon as I have had ec and et I'll so much nearer to knowing if its worked, if that makes any sense!
I dont know about any of you but I feel as though my life is on hold at the moment.

Good luck to all on 2ww!!
Good luck to all having ec and et this week!!
And of course to everyone else,

Is anyone else haveing ec on friday?? or near friday anyway?

Saff

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi
    just wanted to say A BIG THANK YOU for your support and kind words.
I'm doing ok,back to work tomorrow.Rang clinic they were very nice going to wait untill january to try again we still have 2 frosties so hopefully 3rd time luckly for us.

CONGRATULATIONS TAMMY ON YOUR BFP !! WELL DONE!!
Good luck to all of you who will be testing soon!

love sarah c xx

G

·
Hey Ladies

Just a quickie from me tonight - we've been up since 6.15am so bath and bed very soon - we're exhausted!!

Sarah C - sorry to hear your news my love but at least you've got your little frosties !!!! lots of love and luck to you.

Had scan this morning at 8.10am and although the follies aren't over 17mm yet registrar said he thinks they'll be 6 follies altogether and we need to go back for another scan on Thursday.  He was very positive and said he felt going ahead would be the right thing to do, so keep up the follie dances please  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

As for the interview, it seemed to go well but I won't know until first week in September as another candidate is away on hols and they want to interview them too - so I'll keep you posted. 

I don't know what I'd do without your support, my lovely dh and the registrar at LGI who has been totally fab.

I asked why they hadn't upped my dose from 150 and he said it was cos my hormone levels were ok and took a lot of trouble to explain it all - bless !!

Sorry no personals, I'll make up for it tomorrow as I will finish work at lunch time - yeah !!!!

love and babydust

Sarah lou xx

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi girls

Just to update you - I went for my ec this morning, and they got 20 eggies!! :) :).  But boy, am I sore! :'(

But I was very upset to find that none of my dh's frozen sperm survived, so he had to go in for PESA/TESA.  They couldn't tell immediately afterwards whether any of the sperm they recovered was any good, so we had a nervous hour's wait, when we discussed using donor sperm or giving up altogether.  But fortunately it was Prof Craft himself who did the op, and in fact they got loads of sperm! ;D  So much, in fact, that they decided to freeze some. ;D ;D

But I know that's only the first stage.  We have to phone after 12 tomorrow to see whether any of the eggies have fertilized, so am praying v hard...  They said that they might go for blastocyst transfer for us - with the transfer on Sunday.  What's that all about?  Why do they opt to wait until day 5?  Don't the embryos risk dying if they're kept going that long??  ???

Saff - glad that you've got a date now for your ec.  Wishing you all the best for Fri. 

Janet - how did your ec go?  Really hope you were as fortunate as me.  I know I've been very blessed so far, but it could all collapse in a heap yet... 

Sarah Lou - well done on the job interview.  Don't know how you manage to do that and tx as well!  And well done on your 6 follies.  Sending you a follie dance... (((((......)))))

SarahC - so sorry to hear your sad news. But you seem to be coping so well!  I'm not sure I could be so strong.  You're a strong lady!

SallyL - all the best for the 2ww.  Thanks for caring about the orangies :D :D

Minty - how frustrating for you to still be down-regging.  Fingers crossed that you'll be able to start stimming after your appt.

Much love to you all.

BlueSoo

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi girls,
        Sorry for the quick post but I am absolutely shattered.I think it is more to do with the fact that I had more sedation this time and I can honestly say I felt nothing!!
We got the shock of our life to be told they had collected 16 eggs,last time there was only 6,so phone tomorrow at 10.30 to see if they have fertilised and hopefully et on Thurs at 12.30.You girls have been complete stars again with all your support,and I want to send everyone of you lots and lots of good luck,love and hugs for whatever stage you are all at.

Love  Janet    xxxx 

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi All

Sarah lou  Hope your follies carry on growing nicely! I think I'll be having my ec on friday, depending on what the hospital says tomorrow.
Would just like to ask you if you get the job and your tx works will you tell them that you are pregnant? the reason I ask is that I am starting a new job in October and of course I will know the outcome of tx by then, it will be hard to know what to do.
I did think of not taking the job just incase but you cant put your life on hold can you!

Sarah C   So sorry it didn't work for you this time, Good luck for January!!

BlueSoo  Glad your ec went well, I'm not sure about any risk of the embies dying while waiting to get to blast, but from what I know about it waiting 5 days gives the cells more time to multiply so when they put them back they are at the nearly ready to enplant stage, so have a better chance of enplanting I think!
I didn't realise frozen sperm could not survive, we are using frozen sperm.
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

jdrobinson   16 eggs thats great I bet your really pleased! Good luck to you!

Sally L  Good luck to you on your 2ww, sorry you are bored, I cant wait to be bored, mind you I say that now next week may be a different story!!

Minty  Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, I  DR for a long time too, 3 weeks 2 days, you will get there!

Good luck to everyone else

Saff

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Orangies,

Feel bit down today :(, went for my scan to see if I can start stimming but unfortunately I might have to down reg for another 2 weeks - feel like this is never ending and I now know how a pin cushion must feel!!  I think I'll have to jump over to the September buddies soon - I don't think August is going to be the month for me now  ???.

So glad some of you girls have got good news to keep me going.

BlueSoo - fab news 20 eggies and buckets of man paste!  Way to go!  Good luck with the next stage - I've got my fingers crossed for you.  ;D

Janet - 16 eggies too!  Blimey - think I might be with the wrong clinic!  Good luck to you too.  ;D

Saff - thanks for your words of encouragement - much needed today.

I hope all you other downreggers, stimmers, Ecers, ETers and 2WW are keeping your chins up - I wish I could add in a load of orange spots now, but they are obviously on holiday at the moment!!!

Love,

Minty xxx  ^daisy^

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi Minty
Ammi here, just thought I'd say hi, as i'm back from Corfu (was fab) and was expecting you to be on your 2ww, but bless you, you are still d.r'ing. I did for almost a month too, and its irritating. It makes the whole process so long. Anyway, its not bad news, as its all still happenning. So take care, and i'll check on you again soon. Are you alternating sites? I did tummy and leg, but a friend did arm too.....
Take care, anni:)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Evening everyone,
How are you all getting on? Hope everything is well.

Anni, Nice to hear you had a good holiday.  Hope it was just what you needed.

Minty, sorry to hear you are still having to down reg. Fingers crossed you can start stimms soon. Sending you big hugs (((hug))). Keep your chin up xxxx  :-*

Saff, Sending you lots of luck for tomorrow. Hope all goes well and you can have egg collection on Friday.  ^goodluck^

Janet, fantastic news on you having 16 eggs collected ^clapping^ Good luck for your phone call tomorrow.

BlueSoo, fantastic news for you too!! ^clapping^  20 eggs and loads of sperm, you must be so thrilled.  Good luck for your phone call tomorrow.

SarahLou, Pleased to hear the interview went well. Sending you lots of luck for your scan on Thursday. Hope your follies continue to grow nicely.  :)

I'm still patiently waiting!!  Haven't really done much today. We now have broadband so that means I can stay on here all day long.......I'm sure that will help pass the time until test day!  ^chuckle^

Sending everyone lots of love luck and babydust
^fairydust^

Sally
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Everyone

Just a quick one to let you know at last I will be having my ec on Friday!!!
Got to do my late night jab at 12.30 tonight which I could do without as I want to go to bed!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok

Take care

Saff

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi everyone,

Saff - all the very best for Friday, wishing you loads of good eggs!!!

Sally - glad to hear you now have broadband  ;D wishing you a speedy time till test date loads of luck to you  ^goodluck^

Minty - sorry to hear your d/r is going on for so long - its awfully hard all the waiting etc...stay on this board for as long as you need to  - I will be  ^scared^

Janet - haven't heard how many embies you got, hope you have loads and you are having e/t as we speak - loads of luck to you

Bloosoo - great result with your eggs and sperm  ;D ;D best of luck today with e/t, as far as blastocyst its meant to be much better if the embies keep dividing over a few days then they can put the strongest ones back and better cjance of them hanging around for a BFP...good luck

Sarah lou- best of luck with your scan today, will you know when e/c is by end of day? Good luck

Sarah c - so terribly sorry this wasn't your cycle, please look after yourself its very hard dealing with a neg and I wish you well  ^Cuddle^

Debs, Sue and everyone else I have missed...hope your all well and healing, stimming or waiting is going OK...

As for me I have my scan this afternoon to see how my follies are doing, have to say I am very uncomfortable at the moment so I am assuming - hopefully correctly that my ovaries are stimming as they should be  ;) If all is OK then e/c will be end of next week sometime......

take care ladies
loads of love and luck to you all

^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^ ^spot^

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi OSR's  ^hello^ ^wave^

Just popped back in from August Angels and September Sweetheards board.

Anni - soo good to hear from you.  I'm so glad you had a good holiday  ^holiday^- are you feeling more +ve now.  Will you be  ^excercise3^ again soon? It was very sweet of you to check on my progress - wish I had more to report  :( but hopefully the next few weeks will go quickly and AF will arrive soon  ^confused^

Saff - good luck with EC tomorrow  ^goodluck^  Hope the midnight jab doesn't deprive you of too much sleep!  ^eyes^

Sally L and Maxbabe - thank you so much for your messages - I really appreciate your support.

Maxbabe - good luck this pm (you have probably left already)  ^goodluck^- am sending lots of positive vibes for your growing follies!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Orangies - Looking forward to catching up on your latest news very soon.

Lots of love and baby dust,

Minty  ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Hiya Girlies

Just popped in to wish Maxbabe loads of luck for today  ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^, and sending you a follie dance.

Catch up with you all in a bit
Loadsa Love
Jax
xxx

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hello Orangies ^hello^   Good to see that the smilies are back!

I phoned the clinic and have found out that of my 20 eggies, 17 were good enough for ICSI, and 11 of these have fertilised.  Sounds like a bit of a disappointing result to me  :'(, but the clinic said that it was a good result for surgically-retrieved sperm  ^sperm^  - or man paste - that's a new one on me!  I'll tell my dh and I'm sure he'll fall about laughing! ^roflmao^

So they don't know yet whether they're going to do a day 5 transfer or a day 3.  They'll only decide tomorrow a.m.  Kind of puts all my plans for the weekend and for the first part of next week on hold ^eyes^... 

Am taking the cyclogest pessaries, but find they give me really painful trapped wind!  :-[  Has anyone else had this? ???

Saff - all the best for Friday - I hope that your late night injection was OK.  Mine gave me a nice blue bruise on my tummy, which was sore for a couple of days, but wasn't too bad otherwise.. 

Janet - hope you've had your et successfully by now, and are now resting up nicely.  I'll see you over on the 2ww board - aargh!    ^scared^

Maxbabe - hope your scan showed lots and lots of good follies!  Here's a follie dance for you  ^dancing spot^   

SallyL & Minty - hang on in there girlies!   ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love to you all, and thanks so much for being there

BlueSoo

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Bluesoo

Don't be so down hun, those are great results more than half fertilising  8) at any level let alone with the man paste as theyve called it (that sure tickled me too  ^roflmao^ )

Hope that call comes nice and early for you tomorrow  ^sunny^ as I know the anticipation and waiting around must be doing your head in  ^confused^

I can sympathise with you on the cyclogest front, my DH had to stay well clear of me last tx, sorry to hear its so uncomfortable for you. 

Wishing you Loadsa Love and Luck
Jax
xxx

G

·
Hey Ladies

just a quickie from me I'm afraid as I feel grotty - had to go to dentist this afternoon and have a filling so I look like a chipmunk and drugs are wearing off now - ouch !! :eek:

Anyhow, went for scan this morning and had phone call this pm to say that I'm going in for ec on Saturday and et on Monday - woohoo !!

Only sad thing is it's dhs uncles funeral at 11am on Monday and I'm due for et t 10.45am so we'll be unable to go  :'( :'(

We hadn't told anyone about treatment so obviously we've told our parents now as it would odd if we didn't go, they just said they'd tell people we'd gone to hospital for some tests to keep pressure off us - bless them  ^spin^ ^spin^

So wish me luck ladies and send some positive vibes.

lots of love and luck to you all, wherever you're at.  I couldn't do this without you

love

Sarah lou xxx

PS I'm nuts I've got another interview tomorrow !!!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.