Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Sorry if i'm posting too much! Want to get organised for 2nd ISCI coming up in 4 weeks!

My question is as above. My dp has a very low sperm count but other than the intial hormone tests and standard examinations, they haven't looked into anything else for me.

I'm not too clued up about all the medical terms etc, but is there any other basic tests that they should be doing for me?

The thing is, before dp (six years or so ago!) I had a partner and didn't use contraception for about a year and nothing happened then neither... LWC didn't seem to take note of this... or disregarded it. Was that wrong of them to do? Considering it was an EGGSHARE cycle?!

This 2nd ICSI cycle coming up is our NHS cycle. Isn't it likley that they won't bother?

Could anyone advise me of anything that might be appropriate to check out?

Many Thanks!!!! Evette xxx

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

If your hormone tests were all ok then they perhaps didn't see the merit in doing a Lap & Dye or Hycosy.  Often they don't hun.  Bearing in mind that they do everything themselves with ICSI so long as your FSH is ok and you responded reasonably last time then they will probably just press ahead based on the existing information they have.

^goodluck^

Axxxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts