Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth

I wonder if you can help me.  I have just undergone natural cycle monitoring to see what my body is up to without the aid of any drugs.  I am a bit unexplained but know that every day 21 prog test I have ever had has been less than 30 and I definitely have a short luteal phase.  It shot up to over 150 when I was on clomid.  However I had really low responses to the fertility drugs all three times we did IVF. 

I have been charting my temps regularly for over a year now and have found lots of things out (none of which have helped us get pg).  During this monitored cycle, my bloods in the follicular phase were fine (day 5 was 4.5 LH, 4 FSH and 179 E2, Inhibin-b was 57 which they say is fine).  My scans showed 1 nice juicy follie on day 13 which was 24 mm.  However at the end of all this, my progesterone was still pants!  They did the blood test on day 21 when they saw a "corpus luteum" - or rather a burst follie.  Even though I think I may have ov'd on day 15/16 the prog level was 8 something!

This is the worst I have ever had and after a really positive first half, is quite depressing. 

My question is can a follie that is empty (no egg) still burst and leave a rubbish corpus luteum?  Could this be why my progesterone is so low.  Or could I still have ovulated and the low level just being because the corpus luteum is poor?  I did a lot of reading about short luteal phase defect and now can't remember if it ever went into this detail.

Thanks ever so much for your help.

Love Martha
xxx

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
If you think you ovulated on day 15/16 then the blood test was done 2 days too early and would impact on result and explain the yuck level. If other tests for progesterone have definately been done on the correct day and level is still low then hassle your GP/doc for some Cyclogest to take to increase your progesterone level during this point. If short luteal phase then again Cyclogest will help to lengthen which may well help with implantation.

Ruth

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ruth!!!

Love Martha
xxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.