Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recommended to do ovarian drilling. Anyone has gone through that before? Is it painful post drilling? or any other side effects?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hello janicel.I have had 2 laparoscopies the second was ovarian drilling. I had slight discomfort the day after and then after that had only pain when stretching or bending too far. The first lap i had was to laser off endo and that was painful..If you'd like to see a picture of my pcos and endo if you look in the medical file in the gallery you'll see wat they look like.I would have another drilling done.. no problems..the only thing i was told (and it is wise advice) is when they give you the anaesthetic dont go out crying..apparently we're like  children. if we go out crying you'll come round crying.. The first op..i did go out and come round crying and i think that's what made it worse...
Need any more info?
Feel free to pm me
Ju xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Honey

Lots of luck for your op

I had ovarian drilling in october 2002.

I would recommend it, i have had no probs ovulating since and also my periods improved from being every couple of months to being every 31 days.

I would go thru it all again.

Lots of luck
Hope it helps you reach your BFP

Emilyxx

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi ya Janicel,

I had a lap,dye and ovarian drilling in October 2003 and i had a pit of pain for a few days, and weeing was painful for about a week.
It helped with my periods as mine were 6-18month apart and after the op they were 3-6 months apart.
Good luck hun.
Love
Kia.x

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Hi janicel

I too had Lap,dye and ov drilling on friday and to be honest i was fine afterwards i had a little pain in my chest but that was it,and my insides are fine.

af hasnt shown up yet im on cd 45 and  they did tell me that my right ov looked active and the op just might do the trick..

love martine xxxx

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sounds like good news martine  ^reiki^,hope the op wasn't as bad as you were expecting,good luck.skye.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went through the laproscopy. It went well. Only slight discomfort.

How long before you should expect your period to come post ovarian drilling? Under normal circumstances, I would expect my period to come by 25 Feb. But its not here yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts