·
Super Moderator
4,533 Posts
Many many congratulations babygirlforme ^pompom^

Grey xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
am impressed by the positive stories I am reading.
I wonder if any one could advise me. I am 47 and desperately trying for a baby. Due to my age and I have a couple of fibroids, I have been told that I will not get ivf treatment in the UK. I now want to go abroad to get it. However, I am worried if I will get support during my pregnancy (am staying positive that it will work) and delivery. any advice from anyone?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hello Beauty

I went to Cyprus in March, I am now 45 and am 33 weeks pregnant, I used donor egg as had had 4 failed IVF using my own eggs, the clinic looked after me well and are still in touch today, but I have been looked after by NHS to date really well as classed as high risk due to age, ivf etc... I am under the consultant and midwife and have had additional scans too I feel I always at an appointment!, I hope this helps, good luck with your journey xxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Suzziefloozie,
That's reassuring. I was not sure if I will get looked after by NHS so your advice is really helpful. I am obviously going for donor egg. I am praying heard to get a positive outcome. Really nervous as you can imagine.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hi

Babygirlforme - WOW how fabulous, we have been on the same cycle threads in the past and I'm so delighted to read your news.  Enjoy every single moment.

Beauty - once you are pregnant the NHS will look after you.  They may not be very helpful while trying to get pregnant but that all changes once you get that lovely BFP.  They don't care how you got there they just care that you are pregnant.

I have a toddler from DEIVF in Spain (born when I was 46) and am 29 weeks with a second DEIVF pregnancy and will be 49 when I give birth.  I can't fault the NHS care I have had both times (although I do understand that there is a bit of a postcode lottery so it may vary).  I am consultant led as well as community midwife and am being scanned at 28, 32,36 weeks due to my age. 

Hi to everyone else
Morag

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi to all, I wish you good luck 😊 😘💕
My son is 6 months old and fine 😍
Don't give up!💞

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Yay Babygirl  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ Mine is 11 months in 2 days !!

xx

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi - is this chat still active?
X Hola

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi is this thread still active?

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Hi Aspi
Sadly there's no one posting here at the moment  :( I know that all of us oldies who did post should see your post & may reply, which could result in more ladies seeing it. I guess most will be posting on their Due Date threads, although I always found them too busy & during my last pregnancy only posted here.

xx

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Thanks Bundles xx

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm still watching this one Aspi and it's actually one of the few I get notifications for still - the others don't seem to work very often.
Hi Bundles  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Hi Ruu  ^hugme^ Where's that ticker ??  :p

Aspi, I love seeing this thread in use, it's great for us older ladies to get support & inspiration. I'll not deny that it has some sad times as well as some happy ones but it will always be one of my favourites  :)  After all, anyone can be due in April but not anyone can be over 40  ;)

xx

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Lol bundles I'm trying to remember how to do one again!!! And how to post it without losing the first one!!!

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Honestly ::) Lilypie.com (click on link below), pregnancy, days & weeks, no need for account, full size ticker, choose ticker & slider, choose Forum Code snippets, then C&P the code next to your other one with a space between. " Blah blah blah ="Lilypie Pregnancy tickers" />" or the like... Simples :)
If you have too many characters already there you may not get all of it on so delete some & re-add.

/links

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Can I put the info about story so far in as a footer that pops up under each post instead of having it in ticker space - think I saw someone else who had done this to free up space below!!

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Not totally sure what you mean, do you mean in black under each post & not in pink ? If so I'm not sure that's allowed :-\ Tbh I've précised mine a few times to fit it in, you've just got to be brutal ;D You could always start a DE diary & put it all there :)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=576.0

It's a new section ;)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Ha ha - that'll never happen in this century !!! Lol

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hi ladies, I still get notifications from this thread and I loved posting here when I was pregnant. Shame it's not so busy at the moment.  Hope everyone is well x

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi Karhog!! Hi bundles n Ruu! I just found out how to do the ticker thing 😂 Took
Me ages to edit enough!
Ruu I am expecting twins too :)
Xx

361 - 380 of 390 Posts