Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Me: 53, Him: 39, no children, 2 rescue dogs, IVF DEC 2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I'm new to this site but thought I would check it out to see if anyone can share similar experience and give advice!

in 2017 me and my H embarked on IVF and ventured down the donar egg path (due to my age etc) with a clinic in Leeds who partnered with a clinic in North Cyprus. The Leeds clinic was great, however the first cycle in Cyprus wasn't so good as they used lower 'grade' eggs than the Leeds clinic would have recommended, and therefore not surprisingly was unsuccessful. The Cyprus clinic offered the next round at half price, so we ventured across again but again not successful and we decided due to finances and emotional stress that we would call it a day. I might add that the clinic was a bit of a production line so I was a bit uneasy about the right eggs/sperm going to the right location, and the doctor being on a conference call with Turkey whilst he was inserting the eggs into me!

Since then I have often wondered if we had tried a different clinic abroad if things would have turned out differently.

We're now in a position financially to look at this again, although I am nearly 5 years older at 53 years (he's 39) but I will have time (semi retiring) and it might be our last shot at having children. I've seen that there are clinics in Latvia that will work with women aged up to 55 years and wonder if anyone else has used them or had similar experience to me?

·
Registered
714 Posts
May help you

I don't know about Latvia but have had Estonia recommended. It's very cheap for embryo adoption. I don't know much more than that though. I am nearly 50.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Hi, I am sorry to know about your negative experiences with Cyprus clinic. I have no personal experiences with Latvian or Estonian clinics, although I came across positive reviews on them. I am happy with results I got with my clinic based in Poland. They are in Gdansk that is very close to Baltic States, and from what I remember they do not limit patients' age. I can recommend prof. Lukaszuk who is said to be one of the best infertility experts if case your situation is complex. However, if you want to get affordable treatment, prices are at the same level in Poland, Czech Rep, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine, and Russia. Good luck on your journey.

·
Registered
Me: 53, Him: 39, no children, 2 rescue dogs, IVF DEC 2
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, I am sorry to know about your negative experiences with Cyprus clinic. I have no personal experiences with Latvian or Estonian clinics, although I came across positive reviews on them. I am happy with results I got with my clinic based in Poland. They are in Gdansk that is very close to Baltic States, and from what I remember they do not limit patients' age. I can recommend prof. Lukaszuk who is said to be one of the best infertility experts if case your situation is complex. However, if you want to get affordable treatment, prices are at the same level in Poland, Czech Rep, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine, and Russia. Good luck on your journey.
Thanks Miamiamo, I'm now starting to contact clinics, so the journey begins.....

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Bratislavia have a couple of clinics that treat older women, Iscare go to 52 and repromedica now have an age limit of 54. I have a friend who went to Latina and she is very happy with that clinic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts