Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Goodevening ladies, a question: I was on Progynova (a start of a new cycle), but after 12 days the endometrium desintegrated.
The clinic advised me to complete Progynova for 21 days and stop. I don't have to add Utrogestan.
Is this right, and is this the best decision before a new start, or should I have add a Progesterone?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dear Ladies, I think I have some good news for those in their late fifties or early sixties.

I was at Dogus, and they were excellent!
Because of my age I had to ask permission for treatment at the Ministry of Health.
I knew Andri from earlier treatment, and find her lovely and very caring.
This time I got support from mrs Fatma Tertemiz. She is one of the directors of Dogus, and she is the famous embryologist at the clinic. I think a good embryologist is at least as important as a good doctor. Fatma guided me through all the tests and investigations, and shared information with me about the questions the committee would ask about my situation. She was really very helpfull.
Sadly for me it is a BFN, but this has nothing to do with the care Dogus took or the way they treated me.

So ladies, the good news is there is excellent treatment for us waiting at Dogus. Mrs Fatma Tertemiz will welcome all ladies who want to apply for treatment at advanced age. Mail: [email protected] mob +90 5338692330
It took me a lot of time finding a place where serious care was available for us "oldies" , and I am very glad I met Fatma at Dogus.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Goodmorning ladies,
Another question: when thinking about embryo-adoption (fresh or frozen) it is about young donors isn't it?
What do you ladies think, does it make sense to ask for PGD? We would not want to know about boy or girl. The price is a lot higher, what do you think is it worth reducing the risks? With young donors the risks are not very high and only a few genetic "faults" are detected.
Does anyone has an opinion about this subject?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oke Stacey, thank you for your answer.
We tend not to ask for PGD, partly because of financial reasons, partly because I'm not sure there is enough experience and follow-up in PGD.
In frozen embryo's there is still less experience and follow-up.

You ladies noticed that freezing embryo's that are not transferred at Dogus is not encouraged.
What about frozen embryo-donation?  This treatment is offered by Dogus, but is it encouraged? Or do they urgently advise to do fresh treatment? How about the results when comparing fresh with frozen donation in ladies of advanced age?
Anyone?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Morning Ladies,
Anyone heard of PRP as a method to prepare endometrium before transfer in ladies of advanced age, or in ladies where it seems difficult to have andometrium which is thick enough?
It is offered by Dogus, to make endometrium more stabile before transfer.
I have searched in literature, and PRP is used in several parts of medicine (orthopedics, cosmetic surgery etc); as part of preperation for transfer it is a new technique. Several ladies on FF have used this technique, but I'm not sure about the results. Side-effects?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Goodmorning ladies, does anyone of you know:
Can a scratch be performed when no endometrium is available?

I am postmenopausal, and the dr told me to stop all medication (Progynova and Progesterone) 3 weeks before the scratch will be performed.
In the past I had a scratch in the cycle before the one of the treatment, and it was performed on day 21 in a cycle with Progynova and Progesterone. I have asked again because I was not sure I did understand well, and they gave me same medicationsceme.

After medication is stopped, there will be a bleeding, so no endometrium during the moment of scratch, or am I wrong?
Can anyone advise me please?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dear ladies,
Most of us ladies of advanced age waiting for treatment are desperate to get started.
Because of the covid-19 virus most borders are still closed and no-one seems to know when clinics will be starting their treatments.
Is there a site at FF that informs you which countries are opening borders soon, and which clinics are on the edge of starting treatments again? If no, would it be possible that we, ladies 50+, start collecting this information?
I think each one of us keeps contact with the clinic of choice during this period of lock-down, so perhaps we have quite a lot of information alltogether.
For me: latest information about North-Cyprus is that there will not be any foreighners accepted in before july 1st.
It is almost july, so if this information is still reliable??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts