Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

321 - 340 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thankyou i wikl take a look, 5dpt and bfn i know its early but im not holding much hope xx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Millie if you go to Cyprus next time you could ask for IV sedation at transfer,  they did this for me.  It is a little bit extra but not much in the grand scheme of things 😀. You come round quite quickly afterwards but feel nothing at transfer  and don’t need a full bladder.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hi Teddy

Thanks for this, I was considering Dogus? Have you dobe the same thing xx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi. Yes I had this at Dogus, also at Reprofit (think most overseas clinics will do this if you request in advance) xx

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I was fine when i had mt daughter 5 years ago at reprofit, it took 10 minutes, i think its age related lol. Have just messaged Andri at dogus.

Thanks xx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Perhaps if you have had a few failed cycles you might want to check for any causes for implantation failure before trying again but see what Andri says.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Finally set a date for transfer for mid Jan. Feeling optimistic

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
awesome news  ^Heart^

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Great news, what clinic are you with?

Xx

·
Registered
63 Posts
@miamiamo thanks!
@millie13 I'm going to Repromedica

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Good luck  I didnt have any luck there unfortunately.

What spanish clinic did you go to?

Xx

·
Registered
63 Posts
@millie13 I'm sorry to hear you didn't have success there.
I went to URE Centro in Malaga. They were amazing and I would love to have gone back to them, but they only do up to 49.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thereismore thanks, cant fault the clinic I had 3 difficult transfers and im sure that didnt help things.

Im goung hopefully to Manzanera clinic is Northern Spain, they wil do a mock transfer a couple o of months before.

X

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Ladies, I’m back at the grand old age of 48  ;D
Quick backstory, I had 3 healthy children followed by a late loss at 44. I couldn’t get pregnant again so we had IVF with DE at Reprofit when I was 46.  We were so lucky to end up with a beautiful healthy daughter after the first attempt. She is now 16 months and we never dreamt another one would even be a possibility due to my age. However, Reprofit have thrown us a curveball and said we can have our 3 healthy Frosties sent to Slovakia as they will transfer after 49 unlike Reprofit.  So we will have them shipped and consider a transfer later,. I can’t believe this is even a consideration, I think we must be insane.... but just wondering if anyone has had a pregnancy at 48 or over and how it went?  I’m still not sure...  ;D

Millie:  You’re still here!  How’s things?  I think you’d just had a failed transfer when I was last on here? Xx

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I had a healthy pregnancy and gave birth a week before turning 50, I wouldn’t let the age thing bother you one bit, imop there isn’t any difference between 48-50-55 really as long as your in good health, it really is just a number and I honestly can’t understand why it’s ok to transfer at 49+364 days and then once you hit the big 50 all of a sudden it isn’t, like that’s a magic number lol. I went to zlin and they’re even worse with their age now, dropped it down to 49, it used to be 49 + 364 so I was lucky I just got in before they did the change. Another lady who cycled at zlin had her embryos transferred to Iscare From zlin and she had a chemical and a bfn, she said the clinic wasn’t as friendly as zlin and they wernt interested in letting her do the same protocol either. Anyway Millie has had a transfer there, so she will be able to let you know exactly what the clinic is like  :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ellis97  ts good to see you again.  I had my daughter when I was 49 and the pregnancy went very smoothly ish lol but I would do it again in a heartbeat.  With regards to Iscare, I was expecting it to be the same as Reprofit which was a very enjoyable experience.  Iscare in my opinion were very much in the darker ages and very basic, but.... if the embies were made at reprofit then I wouldnt be worried, just remember they aren#t as personable as Reprofit, you don't get to see your embie before it goes in, and if you are very lucky you may quickly get a pic.

Go for it, Im going again to Spain after 3 failed transfers in Bratislava with Repromedica.  If you need any help re hotels and flights etc, me and Stacey can help.

xx

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ellis97- I can't help with personal experiences but I know a lady who, after 10 years of treatment and 10 IVFs, got pregnant at 49, and her husband was 55 then. Their boy, who is a teenager now, is a very clever and healty young man.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you ladies for your replies, very helpful.

Stacey: Wow congratulations on a successful pregnancy at virtually 50! That was lucky you just got in there.
I think the thing that scares me most is the cancer risk with the high levels of estrogen, that and the risk of a heart attack 🙈. It’s a dead cert I’ll get diabetes as I had it with my last 3 pregnancies and it was worse each time. I’m now prediabetic (yet not overweight or with any diabetic relatives!) so another pregnancy could throw me into being a full blown diabetic.  There’s so much to consider but Reprofit were so tempting reminding me we have 3 ‘lovely embryos’.  Why did I wait til my late forties to get seriously broody  ;D  I suppose it’s like you say, age is just a number... my friend went through the menopause at 35, yet here I am with regular periods at 48/knocking on 49. Thanks for the info, and you’ve given me hope it can be done!

Millie:  Wow congrats to you too for a healthy pregnancy at 49! I love how you’re still going for it 4 years on.. really hope Spain brings success for you.
Is Iscare the Slovakia clinic?  I don’t mind about it being basic tbh, we were in and out at Reprofit with the Dr making us feel he was in a hurry. As long as they put the embryo in the right place  ;D  As you said the embryos were from Reprofit, also the batch we had our daughter from so gives me a little optimism.
Omg I can’t believe I’m even considering this, it’s madness isn’t it  ;D ;D

Miamiamo:  Thank you for sharing that encouraging story, how lovely for her. It’s amazing what they can do isn’t it  :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I've had a bit of a blow today.  The endometrial thickness scan showed there are several transonic areas and some increased vascularity (whatever that means - if any of you can shine a  light, that would be fab as Google has proven unhelpful  :) ).  Also the lining is too thick at 16mm.  Based on all this the clinic has cancelled my transfer.
They have suggested I see a gynae, so now I'm trying to get a referral.  They have not indicated whether this is a problem that heralds the end of the road for me, or something that simply needs to be dealt with for now.

I've only been taking Progynova so far, so I guess I simply stop taking it for now?

321 - 340 of 368 Posts