381 - 387 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Everyone!

So....we jumped straight in again after our recent DE SM 11 week loss. As you can appreciate, international fertility treatments via a surrogate is a bit tricky at the best of times, but from Australia during COVID19 has been tough. We are currently in lockdown, our fifth of the pandemic.

The clinic found us a new surrogate quickly, as the previous SM was ordered to take 6 months away from treatments after the m/c. I am not sure if that is the clinic's rule generally, or if that was something suggested specifically for her. It was our 3rd surrogacy ET, but our kazillionth overall. 1st was a BFN, 2nd BFP then M/C. Our 3rd became a BFP! We decided we needed to stay calm and not get too excited. Sure enough, when the 6wk ultrasound report came through, the heartbeat was detected and we thought everything was fine. Later, when the the full report was sent through it mentioned 'retrochorial hematoma' and 'threatened abortion.' The SM was admitted to hospital. She is still there now. The embryo and the hematoma have both grown. Yesterday's US detected a weak heartbeat. We are now waiting for the inevitable.

We have been doing IVF in one form or another since 2007 I have lost count of how many cycles we have done with our own eggs, then donor eggs and now surrogacy. We seem to be that rare example where infertility simply can't be overcome, regardless of what effort we go to. It is really hard to finally have to say this simply won't happen for us. I am sure many have had more than 4 miscarriages, but it has taken much for us to accumulate that number. We are crushed.

Good luck to everyone else!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Everyone!

So....we jumped straight in again after our recent DE SM 11 week loss. As you can appreciate, international fertility treatments via a surrogate is a bit tricky at the best of times, but from Australia during COVID19 has been tough. We are currently in lockdown, our fifth of the pandemic.

The clinic found us a new surrogate quickly, as the previous SM was ordered to take 6 months away from treatments after the m/c. I am not sure if that is the clinic's rule generally, or if that was something suggested specifically for her. It was our 3rd surrogacy ET, but our kazillionth overall. 1st was a BFN, 2nd BFP then M/C. Our 3rd became a BFP! We decided we needed to stay calm and not get too excited. Sure enough, when the 6wk ultrasound report came through, the heartbeat was detected and we thought everything was fine. Later, when the the full report was sent through it mentioned 'retrochorial hematoma' and 'threatened abortion.' The SM was admitted to hospital. She is still there now. The embryo and the hematoma have both grown. Yesterday's US detected a weak heartbeat. We are now waiting for the inevitable.

We have been doing IVF in one form or another since 2007 I have lost count of how many cycles we have done with our own eggs, then donor eggs and now surrogacy. We seem to be that rare example where infertility simply can't be overcome, regardless of what effort we go to. It is really hard to finally have to say this simply won't happen for us. I am sure many have had more than 4 miscarriages, but it has taken much for us to accumulate that number. We are crushed.

I am so sorry to hear this. I did not see your post so do accept my apologies and my thoughts are with you. Have you tried pgs testing before the transfer? I have read that bed rest is good and can help with the pregnancy but you never know the reason for the placenta coming away from the lining of the womb. This is crazy what we go through.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wonder if that would apply to all clinics in Greece? We were looking at other clinics there as well.
I agree it's easier to get to than Cyprus, the distance and not being in Europe is one of the reasons I hesitated going with Dunya in Cyprus. But if I have to go to Cyprus due to age cut-off, then, then I'll do what it takes.
Good question about if it will apply to all clinics in Greece? I'll check with Embryoland (Athens) where I'm cycling when I go for my FET next month.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Dreambaby,
I'm so sorry to read your post about what you've been through. I'm sending good thoughts and strength to get through this difficult time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Hi Dreambaby,

I am so sorry to hear your news. Please forgive me if you have already been down this road, but do you think it is a sperm issue as you have covered so many other bases?

A xx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I am so sorry to read your story. I am thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed

381 - 387 of 387 Posts