381 - 400 of 404 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Everyone!

So....we jumped straight in again after our recent DE SM 11 week loss. As you can appreciate, international fertility treatments via a surrogate is a bit tricky at the best of times, but from Australia during COVID19 has been tough. We are currently in lockdown, our fifth of the pandemic.

The clinic found us a new surrogate quickly, as the previous SM was ordered to take 6 months away from treatments after the m/c. I am not sure if that is the clinic's rule generally, or if that was something suggested specifically for her. It was our 3rd surrogacy ET, but our kazillionth overall. 1st was a BFN, 2nd BFP then M/C. Our 3rd became a BFP! We decided we needed to stay calm and not get too excited. Sure enough, when the 6wk ultrasound report came through, the heartbeat was detected and we thought everything was fine. Later, when the the full report was sent through it mentioned 'retrochorial hematoma' and 'threatened abortion.' The SM was admitted to hospital. She is still there now. The embryo and the hematoma have both grown. Yesterday's US detected a weak heartbeat. We are now waiting for the inevitable.

We have been doing IVF in one form or another since 2007 I have lost count of how many cycles we have done with our own eggs, then donor eggs and now surrogacy. We seem to be that rare example where infertility simply can't be overcome, regardless of what effort we go to. It is really hard to finally have to say this simply won't happen for us. I am sure many have had more than 4 miscarriages, but it has taken much for us to accumulate that number. We are crushed.

Good luck to everyone else!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Everyone!

So....we jumped straight in again after our recent DE SM 11 week loss. As you can appreciate, international fertility treatments via a surrogate is a bit tricky at the best of times, but from Australia during COVID19 has been tough. We are currently in lockdown, our fifth of the pandemic.

The clinic found us a new surrogate quickly, as the previous SM was ordered to take 6 months away from treatments after the m/c. I am not sure if that is the clinic's rule generally, or if that was something suggested specifically for her. It was our 3rd surrogacy ET, but our kazillionth overall. 1st was a BFN, 2nd BFP then M/C. Our 3rd became a BFP! We decided we needed to stay calm and not get too excited. Sure enough, when the 6wk ultrasound report came through, the heartbeat was detected and we thought everything was fine. Later, when the the full report was sent through it mentioned 'retrochorial hematoma' and 'threatened abortion.' The SM was admitted to hospital. She is still there now. The embryo and the hematoma have both grown. Yesterday's US detected a weak heartbeat. We are now waiting for the inevitable.

We have been doing IVF in one form or another since 2007 I have lost count of how many cycles we have done with our own eggs, then donor eggs and now surrogacy. We seem to be that rare example where infertility simply can't be overcome, regardless of what effort we go to. It is really hard to finally have to say this simply won't happen for us. I am sure many have had more than 4 miscarriages, but it has taken much for us to accumulate that number. We are crushed.

I am so sorry to hear this. I did not see your post so do accept my apologies and my thoughts are with you. Have you tried pgs testing before the transfer? I have read that bed rest is good and can help with the pregnancy but you never know the reason for the placenta coming away from the lining of the womb. This is crazy what we go through.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wonder if that would apply to all clinics in Greece? We were looking at other clinics there as well.
I agree it's easier to get to than Cyprus, the distance and not being in Europe is one of the reasons I hesitated going with Dunya in Cyprus. But if I have to go to Cyprus due to age cut-off, then, then I'll do what it takes.
Good question about if it will apply to all clinics in Greece? I'll check with Embryoland (Athens) where I'm cycling when I go for my FET next month.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Dreambaby,
I'm so sorry to read your post about what you've been through. I'm sending good thoughts and strength to get through this difficult time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Hi Dreambaby,

I am so sorry to hear your news. Please forgive me if you have already been down this road, but do you think it is a sperm issue as you have covered so many other bases?

A xx

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I am so sorry to read your story. I am thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree it's easier to get to than Cyprus, the distance and not being in Europe is one of the reasons I hesitated going with Dunya in Cyprus. But if I have to go to Cyprus due to age cut-off, then, then I'll do what it takes.
Good question about if it will apply to all clinics in Greece? I'll check with Embryoland (Athens) where I'm cycling when I go for my FET next month.
The Greece government are changing the age limit to 51 or menopause age(i think they called it) I googled it but I dont know if I am allowed to show a link on this forum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have anyone tried America for ivf? The costs could be silly money but unsure at the moment. I was speaking to a phlebotomist who provides blood tests support and she said she had a lady who went to America and did ivf with her own eggs. She had twins. I dont know how true the statement about own eggs but will find out what clinic she went too. Keep you posted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi ladies,

I went to Crown IVF in Famagusta in mid-January for an FET with donor egg/sperm. The trip went smoothly and the clinic within the hospital was immaculate - super clean and modern. Currently 5 weeks pregnant and crossing fingers/toes/eyes/legs that this little one sticks around. Scan end of next week. Very excited/nervous/surreal!!!

Anyone looking for information about Crown, please do ask as I couldn't find much on line. X
can you pm me details please? thank you.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
eggdonation friends published a post IVF for 50+ and listed clinics with no limits

Reactions: Babiblue

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dreambaby - I'm so sorry to read that you lost your longed for baby. I wonder what you are doing now? Do you have any further plans?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can anyone help me? Has anyone had a successful medicated FET post-menopause? Is it possible to get a good >8mm, trilaminar endometrial lining on a medicated cycle if you're post-menopausal?

My situation is that I have a couple of frozen embryos left. After too many delays (due to the pandemic and crippling anxiety ...) I now find myself at 52 and probably post-menopause. Although who knows, I've been on the contraceptive pill for years (to regulate cycles) and then this year, HRT (Elleste Duet 2mg). The UK clinic (where the embryos were created / are stored) will still treat me, although I'm wondering whether to ask for a trial cycle first?

Any advice - particularly any advice on protocols - greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Can anyone help me? Has anyone had a successful medicated FET post-menopause? Is it possible to get a good >8mm, trilaminar endometrial lining on a medicated cycle if you're post-menopausal?

My situation is that I have a couple of frozen embryos left. After too many delays (due to the pandemic and crippling anxiety ...) I now find myself at 52 and probably post-menopause. Although who knows, I've been on the contraceptive pill for years (to regulate cycles) and then this year, HRT (Elleste Duet 2mg). The UK clinic (where the embryos were created / are stored) will still treat me, although I'm wondering whether to ask for a trial cycle first?

Beside the seaside
I am 50 turning 51 in October and am now pregnant with twins donor egg husband sperm fresh cycle this August.
I am 10 weeks pregnant. I went to Crown ivf in North Cyprus because I talked to a few ladies from US and UK who had DE success with Dr Tekin. He runs the clinic and has a very good reputation among the medical community.
I have a 4 year old daughter who just turned 4 from DE ivf at Reprogenesis in Czech Republic.
Hers was a frozen embryo transfer. my last period was October 2019. I continued taking bcp because a lady here advised me to do it and also i was told by my obgyn that bcp keeps uterus from going into menopause; then Dr Tekin had me take two months of hrt called Cycloprogynova it has 2 mg of estrogen for 11 days then in addition to estrogen you get progesterone in the last 10 days; i took these two packets with a week break in between; then i cycled in August; we got 4 expanded blasts 3 4AA and 1 4AB and 4 other lower quality embryos
We transferred two 4 AA
Our beta on day 9 after 5dt was 630.
We are very happy with Dr Tekin
I found out from him in FF forum messaged a couple of ladies and even got to talked to one on the phone via ******** messenger
I was concerned as i had 5 5 transfers 2 in 2019 that were bfps but ended at 5 and 6 weeks and three failed cycles in 2020
We knew this was our last fresh cycle and wanted to trust the doctor though we knew that it was a lot of luck and whether we got good embryos
Traveling from US to North Cyprus was much harder than to Czech Republic and the heat in August was so strong but at least our daughter got to enjoy the beach.
Let me know if you have any questions
By the way fertility2u didn’t stock cycloprogynova so i researched it and found a Mexico online pharmacy that sells you cycloprogynova without a prescription and ships it to you
Each packet is about 30 euros

·
Registered
31 Posts

Beside the seaside
I am 50 turning 51 in October and am now pregnant with twins donor egg husband sperm fresh cycle this August.
I am 10 weeks pregnant. I went to Crown ivf in North Cyprus because I talked to a few ladies from US and UK who had DE success with Dr Tekin. He runs the clinic and has a very good reputation among the medical community.
I have a 4 year old daughter who just turned 4 from DE ivf at Reprogenesis in Czech Republic.
Hers was a frozen embryo transfer. my last period was October 2019. I continued taking bcp because a lady here advised me to do it and also i was told by my obgyn that bcp keeps uterus from going into menopause; then Dr Tekin had me take two months of hrt called Cycloprogynova it has 2 mg of estrogen for 11 days then in addition to estrogen you get progesterone in the last 10 days; i took these two packets with a week break in between; then i cycled in August; we got 4 expanded blasts 3 4AA and 1 4AB and 4 other lower quality embryos
We transferred two 4 AA
Our beta on day 9 after 5dt was 630.
We are very happy with Dr Tekin
I found out from him in FF forum messaged a couple of ladies and even got to talked to one on the phone via **** messenger
I was concerned as i had 5 5 transfers 2 in 2019 that were bfps but ended at 5 and 6 weeks and three failed cycles in 2020
We knew this was our last fresh cycle and wanted to trust the doctor though we knew that it was a lot of luck and whether we got good embryos
Traveling from US to North Cyprus was much harder than to Czech Republic and the heat in August was so strong but at least our daughter got to enjoy the beach.
Let me know if you have any questions
By the way fertility2u didn’t stock cycloprogynova so i researched it and found a Mexico online pharmacy that sells you cycloprogynova without a prescription and ships it to you
Each packet is about 30 euros
Looking at Crown also. I had an era carried out and the dr in crown does not follow things and thinks it is an add on not needed. How did you find him? What protocol did you follow? You have 2 donor eggs transferred. Had to get a letter from the hospital that would treat me once pregnant and they suggested only one embyro to be transferred not two due to risk of complications. Did crown suggest the two? Did they request you have a hysterscopy carried out before the transfer? Are you on aspirin clexane or other medications? Did they ask about your bmi when you were there?

I am in Ireland so medications had to be licensed and it can be difficult to get meds through the postal system here.
Will you pm me if you can ref medications. Did your gp put you on the bcp or did you treat yourself? I am in Ireland and the Gps will not prescribe unless reason given.
Just had a day 3 scan and ovaries quiet and lining 9mm so not feeling the best so think I need to do damaging limitation now!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi All,
Just had our 4th transfer in Northern Cyprus on Sept 18th but first BFN (all the previous one have been chemicals/miscarriages). We really thought this time was the one, lining was 11mm before we even left the UK for transfer 1 week later, and every time I am told it is "perfect" with a triple layer etc.

Giving up hope now as something must be wrong for all these fails? The only thing I didnt take this time was Prednol due to Covid (although first 2 tries in the UK I didnt take it either). This one was a FET whilst the previous one was fresh. We had 2 x 5D DE blasts transferred. Last transfer we got our best result yet (1st BETA over 2000) and we have used the same protocol with the same clinic again this time which included taking aspirin and antibiotics.

Has anyone else had repeated miscarriages and can recommend any testing that we should get done? Each time they have used ICSI so presume sperm cant be an issue plus initial sperm tests in UK came back as "normal"?

many thanks

·
Registered
667 Posts
Looking at Crown also. I had an era carried out and the dr in crown does not follow things and thinks it is an add on not needed. How did you find him? What protocol did you follow? You have 2 donor eggs transferred. Had to get a letter from the hospital that would treat me once pregnant and they suggested only one embyro to be transferred not two due to risk of complications. Did crown suggest the two? Did they request you have a hysterscopy carried out before the transfer? Are you on aspirin clexane or other medications? Did they ask about your bmi when you were there?

I am in Ireland so medications had to be licensed and it can be difficult to get meds through the postal system here.
Will you pm me if you can ref medications. Did your gp put you on the bcp or did you treat yourself? I am in Ireland and the Gps will not prescribe unless reason given.
Just had a day 3 scan and ovaries quiet and lining 9mm so not feeling the best so think I need to do damaging limitation now!!
Hi babiblue
I am 53 kilos and 5 feet 3 inches so not sure what my bmi is
Dr Tekin doesn’t believe in ERA
He didn’t recommend that i take clexane
I was on 6 mg of estrogen from day 2 of cycle til day 14 and baby aspirin and folic acid then on day of egg and sperm collection i had my progesterone tested and started utogestran 600 mg
I took 15 mg prednisone from day before transfer to 4 days after transfer same days i took also antibiotics
Day of transfer clinic asked me to increase estrogen to 10 mg but i increased it to 8 mg instead as i thought 10 mg was too much
I also was asked to increase progesterone to 1200 mg daily
I was asked to do a hysteroscopy but instead my dr did a saline scan in March then and a hydrosalpingiogram in May- she didn’t recommend that i do a hysteroscopy as the saline scan and hydrosalpingiogram were normal
As i was in menopause dr Tekin asked me to continue taking bcp to keep my uterus from going into menopause but two months befpre August he put me on cycloprogynova which is hrt very different from birth control as it is much stronger and it doesn’t prevent pregnancy
My obgyn prescribed bcp for me bit cycloprogynova i bought from Medicines of Mexico without a prescription
I had my dr write a letter saying i could get pregnant
Once i asked Dr Tekin what he recommended that i transfer he said two as i came from so far
So we transferred two and froze two
Let me know if you have any other questions
Mimi

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hi babiblue
I am 53 kilos and 5 feet 3 inches so not sure what my bmi is
Dr Tekin doesn’t believe in ERA
He didn’t recommend that i take clexane
I was on 6 mg of estrogen from day 2 of cycle til day 14 and baby aspirin and folic acid then on day of egg and sperm collection i had my progesterone tested and started utogestran 600 mg
I took 15 mg prednisone from day before transfer to 4 days after transfer same days i took also antibiotics
Day of transfer clinic asked me to increase estrogen to 10 mg but i increased it to 8 mg instead as i thought 10 mg was too much
I also was asked to increase progesterone to 1200 mg daily
I was asked to do a hysteroscopy but instead my dr did a saline scan in March then and a hydrosalpingiogram in May- she didn’t recommend that i do a hysteroscopy as the saline scan and hydrosalpingiogram were normal
As i was in menopause dr Tekin asked me to continue taking bcp to keep my uterus from going into menopause but two months befpre August he put me on cycloprogynova which is hrt very different from birth control as it is much stronger and it doesn’t prevent pregnancy
My obgyn prescribed bcp for me bit cycloprogynova i bought from Medicines of Mexico without a prescription
I had my dr write a letter saying i could get pregnant
Once i asked Dr Tekin what he recommended that i transfer he said two as i came from so far
So we transferred two and froze two
Let me know if you have any other questions
Mimi
I forgot to add- my lining came back as 9.3 on day 7 so i was so worried it would be too thick by day 14 when i started progesterone but when Dr Tekin measured it on day 13 it measured 8.7 mm so my coordinator said that the dr who measured it earlier had mismeasured it as it is impossible for the link g to shrink.
I was so anxious as Dr Tekin said it didn’t have the triple layer which it had had on day 7 and he didn’t measure it on the day of transfer…but it worked out in the end.
I took 4 mg of estrogen days 2 and 3 and 4 of my cycle but then on day 5 i increased it to 6 mg

·
Registered
31 Posts
I forgot to add- my lining came back as 9.3 on day 7 so i was so worried it would be too thick by day 14 when i started progesterone but when Dr Tekin measured it on day 13 it measured 8.7 mm so my coordinator said that the dr who measured it earlier had mismeasured it as it is impossible for the link g to shrink.
I was so anxious as Dr Tekin said it didn’t have the triple layer which it had had on day 7 and he didn’t measure it on the day of transfer…but it worked out in the end.
I took 4 mg of estrogen days 2 and 3 and 4 of my cycle but then on day 5 i increased it to 6 mg
Figured out how to private message you. Not easy when you first join the page. How long were you over in Cyprus? Did you have to travel before your transfer or did you do all your bloods and scans at home?

381 - 400 of 404 Posts