Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 10 week old twins - I am doing 5 out of 8 feeds with EBM and finding the expressing a bit of a grind and would like to cut it down gradually. I could do all feeds with EBM but was trying to gradually introduce some formula to ease things for me and allow DH to help out more.

The problem is I am getting about 12 fl oz in 6 mins and have a freezer full of EBM  - I find if I don't express regularly my (.)(.)s are really large and uncomfortable (currently expressing every 3/4 hours). Even though the boys are sleeping for longer I am still having to get up and express  :(  :( . I have read somewhere that only expressing for a shorter time and reducing the number of times can help, but given I don't express for long anyway, I'm not sure how best to tackle this. I've also been told that getting too much supply can be bad for you because of things like mastitis etc... Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you

Karenanna xxx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

You must be exhausted with expressing so often and feeding aswell! Your body will get used to a decrease in demand but it will take a couple of days. Maybe try to go a bit longer in between expressing and do it for five minutes less than normal, you will feel uncomfortable at first and very full but this will only be for a short time. Mastitis is a problem due to blocked ducts, and you will still be draining your breasts regularly so don't worry,

All the best,

Emilycaitlin xx

·
Premium Member
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts