Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Now that we have reached the end of our treatment with the NHS we have started to look into private clinics including European ones.  We will be moving on to IVF for treatment. 

Are there any European league tables about clinic success rates?  I hear that they are sometimes better than in the UK and that surprises me. 

Thank you,
AlmaMay

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I'm not aware of a European league table, though each country will have their own version of the HFEA which is able to give stats.

Ruth

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello,

As so many people (including me) are considering egg donation abroad and there is lots of information about different clinics being bandied about, I just thought it might be useful if we could put all the info together on one site so it's easier to compare things like success rates, miscarriage rates, cost, how many visits necessary, how much info on donors available, how many patients per year, people's experiences, contact info for clinics etc. 

I'm afraid I'm not great at computers, so don't know how to go about setting up some kind of centralised table where people can add more info on different clinics so that it's all in one place.  Is this possible on FF?  Does anyone know how to do it?

What do people think?  JT

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sounds an absolutely wonderful idea but I can't volunteer I'm afraid since I'm crap at computers.

I think though I read on IVF connections about some sort of attempt but am not used to finding my way around their site yet.

Must say I am a bit suspect myself about these foreign sites mentioning 50% success rates (one 90% after a no of attempts) but don't seem to mention the percentage of live birthrates.I think English clinics have to mention the percentage of live birth rates and that seems much more professional & kosher to me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Surely it makes more sense to compare pregnancy rates as opposed to live birth rates, as the clinic's work is done once pregnancy has been confirmed or otherwise - whether or not the pregnancy is carried to full term depends on quite a lot of factors outside of the clinic's control ,eg. the mothers general health, lifestyle , genetic factors etc..?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi, I've have pulled together some of the key stats for ED IVF at the clinics that I am interested in. I am tracking birth success rate as this takes into account miscarraiges, number of cycles per year, donor selection criteria and cost etc...
Happy to share. Don't know how to make this available on this site, but happy to email it if you give your email address.
Also interested to see anything you might have worked up.

Michelle

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, I'd love to see what you've pulled together. You can either post it here, or email me at
Thanks again!

email address removed please use FF IM

·
Registered
117 Posts
It would be great if you could send me the chart aswell by posting it here or emailing it at

email address removed please IM

·
Registered
36 Posts
hi mitch1 would really appreciate your findings.
My email address (email address removed) is we are considering Kiev or maybe another place in Russia. i am going for the cheapest all other things considered because we will get more attempts that way. i dont care what it costs in time and travelling etc but we have a very limited budget. ive heard place in russia is very cheap - am i being naive - what could the drawbacks be. Tanks a bunch
Siobhan (Aisling)

PLEASE IM VIA FF

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
hey girls....

just to let you know that personal details are not allowed in post, please use the messaging service provided here on FF exchange personal information this is for your own protection.

Thanks.  :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Oops sorry, didn't realise. Is it possible to attach documents using IM?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Siobhan
I like the idea of Eastern Europe since it seems so much cheaper but my cousin who is a consultant in a related field said Eastern Europe has a mammoth  AIDs problem and that has made me think twice since I don't want to pick it up myself during treatment and/or I would not like to have a child who is born with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was reading the other boards and i understand that clinics have a whole lots of blood tests etc for the donors to take. surely they would be screened? it does nt bear thinking about.
Are you sure?
Best of luck
Siobhan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi ladies, the clinics i have consulted in east europe (latvia/russia) test both donor + recipient for HIV and other infections.

the 'best' clinic i have found in east europe is Altravita in moscow.it has a  informative web site and operates to US stds. Pregnancy rates work out btwn 54 and 53% for egg donor programmes and 'no' waiting list! but i am choosing to go to Eugin in barcelona also 53% preg rate ( much nearer, but dearer). what i've noticed is private clinics show their results differently to NHS equilvilents and its almost impossible to compare them like for like.

i went to my GP this morning to see if i could get some medical notes and discuss how to arrange to have some bloodtests done (private) and i was really suprised how helpful she was and has offered to do our bloods at the surgery (foc) which saves about £300. so if you are going private, speak to your GP and they just might help you!

best wishes to all x

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ameli, Good luck with Eugin - I am now pregnant with two bubbas from there!!!

love buzz

·
Registered
43 Posts
oh Buzz, i've gone all goosebumpy at your wonderful news!!! congratulations.
if you have a mo, would you give me details of your experience at Eugin, esp the donor choosing bit, how much donor info do you get (obviously, no names) but do you get info like personality/hobbies if they have children or donated before etc. also where did you stay? They seem 'professional' and their brochure looks good etc, if you had to do it again would you go to the same place?
amelie xx

·
Registered
36 Posts
i echo everything amelia said - but she said it so much better than i could have. Please can i have the info as well.
words cant express how i like to hear these stories of success
Siobhan

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hellooo there

sorry for the delay in getting back...have been preoccupied with nausea and work! what a combo!

Eugin are very nice, very professional, clean friendly and will anwer all your millions of questions throughout your treatment via phone or email (I used email as I was too embarrassed to keep calling them unless it was something really pressing!)...

They don't give you much info on the donor, but on reflection I think this is a good thing as you don't think about her as much as you might if you had lots of detail...I think of these babies as mine/ours, and some very nice lady somewhere helped us along the way....I hope the kids to be into our hobbies hopefully, not wondering if they will be into something the donor was into...they could be anyway, but it would all be a co-incidence!!!  Frankly it is more important that they are their own people!!!

Yes, I would go back there again...I hope I don't have to obviously...for us it was an easy drive from France rather than flights.  I have to say for that reason we did not stay in Barcelona the second time and it was much nicer...but you would need a car....otherwise hotels in Barcelona vary according to your budget...all I will say is be very careful choosing from the internet, and perhaps ask you 'co-ordinator' at Eugin for help...they know the city better than any of us!

Good luck!!!

love
buzz

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Hello there,
When my DH and I were choosing a clinic, we put together a table to help us choose, with factors such as success rates (pregnancies and live births), price of treatment, whether they find a donor before you start treatment or after and various other factors.  What I suggest this needs here is for someone to volunteer to moderate this, and a table can then be produced that can be added to amended by the moderator with people sending them info. 
I'm afraid I haven't got time to do this.  Maybe JT you could contact the FF organisers (e.g. Tony) and ask how (if) they think is the best way to do this.  If something is set up, I will email through our information.  We were comparing IVI Barcelona, IVI Valencia, a clinic on Crete, Ceram in Marbella, and IM Barcelona.
Good luck !!
Bluebell xxx

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have put together a smiliar table for the clinics we are considering... Isida, IRM, Fertimed, Alta Vita, IM, Chania, CERAM and am happy to add this to the pot.

Mitch x

1 - 20 of 86 Posts