Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been reading a few of the posts here and wanted to join. Me and my OH have had a pretty rubbish Christmas and start to the new year. We have been ttc for over two years and we've now discovered that my DH has no sperm :'( We are devastated! Got the results of his second sample and azoospermatic! Although I realise a lot of people are going through the same. I've had the dye test and pelvic exams done and my consultant says there is no reason I can't get pregnant, we are now waiting... and waiting on our referral to the infertility clinic for my DH. Is anyone else at this stage??

My DH has also had a blood test done for Klinfelters Syndrome. We were supposed to get the results two weeks ago but still no word. So frustrating how everything is sooooooooo slow...

Any advice from people that have gone thru similar would be great as we don't know what to expect. We've been told two routes. Tests to find out DH infertility. Possibly sperm retrieval from vas dif ^pray^ , etc. And after all that fails donor...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi mumstheword

I didn't want to read and run! Welcome to the forum and i hope everything goes well with your future TTC journey xxxx

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello! Just wanted to say 'welcome' to you. I don't know very much about tests and treatments - DH knew about his infertility before we met so I didn't go through some of what you're going through now although he had final confirmation of his diagnosis soon after we got together. I know that there a quite a few different types of male infertility and lots of men go on to biologically father children. Our wonderful children are donor conceived and we are complete.

Good luck and lots of best wishes. There are loads of brilliant people on these boards and you will find lots of great information, support and advice.

Kitty
xxxxx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your welcomes Kittie and Mrs Normie.  Can't believe you have triplets Kittie! That's amazing! I'm hoping that whatever path we go down that we'll end up a family soon enough.  My DH is still a bit raw from finding out.  But hes as keen to have a family so all being well... ^reiki^

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello Mumstheword

I just posted my first message today too. In same situation as you. Im 36 and my DP 35. Had been TTC for about 2 years then waited ages for consultation, tests etc. DP has no sperm and it was such a shock for us to find that out. Now on waiting list for PESA /TESA then ICSI/IVF at UHW Cardiff and there seems to be a very long waiting list. I know how very frustrating it is that every stage takes so long

best of luck
^hugme^

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Hiya and welcome to FF ^hugme^

Huge hugs it's devastating isn't it? I hope you get the results soon hun, keep ringing them ^hugme^
Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Male factors ~ CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, thanks for your replies.  Its great to have somewhere and someone to vent to.  Especially as we're all wanting to get PG.  We just found out that my DH's Klinefelters test won't be back to the end of Feb now.  So much for having it back in a week!

Misskitten - we do seem to have a lot in common.  We're still waiting for our 1st consultation with The RVH in Belfast, then I guess they'll put us on the list for Pese/Tese and ICSI/IVF.  I hope we don't have to wait too long!  I'm 30 and my DH is 29.  We're married two years and together eleven.  Always wondered how we'd been so careful for so long. Now we know!

Ceri - Thank you so much for all these links and your private message.  I really appreciate your support and advice.!  I'm going to put my feet up and have a well deserved glass of vino and a wee read of everything.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts