Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used ovitrelle injection during a FET cycle? I thought ovitrelle is meant to trigger ovulation so I'm a bit confused why I would need to do this for a frozen transfer. I would need to have an injection 5 days before transfer, then second injection 2 days before and then the last one 1 day after the transfer. It's 250mg pen and I need to divide up into 3 parts but I can only see 1 needle in the pack. I have asked my clinic about this. This will be my third attempt using DD but first time using Ovitrelle. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone used ovitrelle injection during a FET cycle? I thought ovitrelle is meant to trigger ovulation so I'm a bit confused why I would need to do this for a frozen transfer. I would need to have an injection 5 days before transfer, then second injection 2 days before and then the last one 1 day after the transfer. It's 250mg pen and I need to divide up into 3 parts but I can only see 1 needle in the pack. I have asked my clinic about this. This will be my third attempt using DD but first time using Ovitrelle. Thanks in advance.
I used Ovitrelle in my last two FETs. My treatment plan was one day before FET, five days post and ten days post. I used a different injection pen each time. I’m not sure how you would divide it up so definitely check with the clinic about that. I believe the purpose of it is so your hormone levels are similar to what they would be if it was a natural cycle. That’s the way it was explained to me. It’s a bit frustrating because you can’t test until 10 days after your last shot as you might get a false positive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts