Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question and one i forgot to ask the consultant, Has anyone gone for EC only to find they have already ovulated from the trigger?
It's just one of my fears and wondered if it had ever happened!

·
Registered
270 Posts
As far as I am aware and how it was explained for me - the trigger is not to make you ovulate, but to make the egg grow out on a little stalk - but keeps attached.  The it is made easier for getting the little blighters out.  My consultant had some diagrams to show me what it did...give them a ring and ask them to explain it, or where you can see the info.

I'm off for EC tomorrow and took my trigger last night - eeekkk!!!

Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The chance of you ov'ing before ec is so tiny, really try and put it out of your mind. I've been here for years and years and in all my time I have seen one signature that said ov'd before ec. We all worry about it because we worry about everything, but I promise you the chance is so slim its just not worth another thought.

Your eggs will be there ready and waiting at ec  :)

Good luck to you both.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply's ladies, yes Nordickat we do worry about everything don't we  ^idiot^  but that's because this is so important to us.  ^pray^
I just wondered about it as when i had an abandoned IUI they said i would get a withdrawl bleed in 3-4 days and i got one in 2 1/2 hours of missing the buserelin!
So thought my body must work really quick and have had 3 BFN's from IUI so was wondering if i ovulate too quick after trigger!
Good luck with EC Girlyhalfwit hope i haven't made you worry now, hope they get lots of good eggs.  ^reiki^
Wishing you both  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  I'm not at EC stage yet but thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts