Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I'm just DRing at the moment on my first IVF but I'm worrying about this already.
Is it possible to have a naturally short response to LH? The reason I ask is because I have been using OPKs for years (different brands) and if I get a +ve in the afternoon I almost always ovulate the same night, usually 6-12 hours after the +ve OPK. I'm pretty sure about this as I get bad ovulation pain and I chart my BBT too. The OPKs always say you should Ov 24-36 hours later but I've never lasted that long. I asked a nurse at my clinic about this but she didn't seem to understand my concern. I will ask again and get them to include my concern in my notes just incase, but am I worrying for nothing?
Has this happened to anyone?
Anyone have any info on this?
Thanks very much
Claire

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi,

I've been worried about this too but have asked twice this week (due to do trigger tonight) and have been told that it won't happen.

Good luck

Jo

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

It does happen, it's rare but occasionally people do ovulate before EC but as I said it's very rare and so not something to worry about, not least because you can't do anything about it!

However, whatever normally happens when you ovulate is completely irrelevant because the burserelin has shut down your system so try not to worry about what happens on a normal cycle.

^goodluck^ to you both

Axxx

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Hi

As Mandy says it is very, very rare but it can happen - it hapened to me ! Although it was the only case my Cons had ever seen in 20 odd years so i really don't think you should worry. Mandy is also right by saying that whatever drugs you are on will shut down your system and stop ovulation occuring. I'm apparently a freak of nature  ;D and my body overrides Suprecur, i didn't even get to my trigger shot but i hopefully will be the one in a million that it happened to so that it means it won't happen to you !!

hope this helps
Tilly xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts