Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI
I had an HSG last month where the Dr didn't go into detail but told me that my left tube was blocked.Waiting at the moment to see my consultant to find out what can be done and what's blocking it if they know.
The day i had the HSG the nurses told me that i should still concieve as we ovulate alternativley.Is this true?Do you still ovulate from the side you are blocked or just every other on the side that isn't blocked.
I must admit now knowing my left side is blocked i have noticed that when i have period pain it is all on my right side also during half way through my last cycle i noticed mild pain on my right side.
I will find out on Wednesday whether i did ovulate this month or not.I don't know whether this will make any difference or not but they did my blood on day 21 but my AF didn't arrive until day 33.?

Thanks for any replies.

Bookworm

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Bookworm,
I'm not sure of the specifics, but you do ovulate alternately from each ovary. Likewise, if you only have one ovary, they say that it is possible to get pregnant, so I think this should follow the same course, although I was told my my consultants registrar that with blocked tube, your risk of ectopic pregnancy is slightly raised but not unduly.
Chick

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chick

if you had one tube removed would you ovulate from the other one every month or would it still be every other month?

thanks
Bookworm

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think, from what I have been told by my consultant, if the ovary is removed, then yes you body compensates and you will ovulate (providing nothing wrong) from the remaining side, I don't know what would happen if you had the blocked tube rempved, if they are not removing the ovary then they might leave a portion of tube there and you will ovulate normally.

C

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi - To cut our long story short.....I have blocked right tube and dont ovulate.  Just started on clomid yesterday yippee,  when we saw the consultant last week i asked the same question.  He said that you can ovulate from both ovs at same time or totally random eg twice from right then 5 times from left, or every other month.  this one is a bit of a new one on me and i am sure he was making it up!....he said that i could ov from the right ov and the egg could be 'called' by the unblocked left tube and go down that one!!!!!!
i too was worried that i would never get eggs form the unblocked side but feel much happier now i know its totally random!!!!
Good luck,  Noodles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts