Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I wonder if you could have a look at my enquiry about cyclogest. I hope this gets to you ok, I've only started using this today.

Many thanks Stella

·
Registered
856 Posts
Dear Stella,

Please put your question onto this site

Regards,

Peter

stella said:
Hi Peter

I wonder if you could have a look at my enquiry about cyclogest. I hope this gets to you ok, I've only started using this today.

Many thanks Stella

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter
could you tell me if using cyclogest pessaries will stop or delay my period? I was using Gonal F injections to stimulate ovaries but on day 9, hospital suggested halving the dose which caused me to have withdrawal bleeding for 2-3 days which reduced the lining to 5mm. I am wondering if I stopped taking Cyclogest my periods will start and that they are only being suppressed by the progesterone. I am in my first cycle of ov. induction and have been using cyclogest twice a day for the last 17 days. I have been having terrible period-type cramps since i started using them. I did a preg. test 3 days ago and one today, both of which were negative.

could I still be testing too soon.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

stella said:
Hi Peter
could you tell me if using cyclogest pessaries will stop or delay my period?

In some cases yes, in others no.

I was using Gonal F injections to stimulate ovaries but on day 9, hospital suggested halving the dose which caused me to have withdrawal bleeding for 2-3 days which reduced the lining to 5mm. I am wondering if I stopped taking Cyclogest my periods will start and that they are only being suppressed by the progesterone.

Possibly, your clinic can best advise you on this

I am in my first cycle of ov. induction and have been using cyclogest twice a day for the last 17 days. I have been having terrible period-type cramps since i started using them. I did a preg. test 3 days ago and one today, both of which were negative.

could I still be testing too soon.

Possibly. You need to get back to your clinic and ask their specific advice on this.

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts