Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the best day to have sex to give you the best chances of conceiving if someone ovulates on day 12?  Someone has asked me and I wasn't sure.  I don't know whether the sperm takes a few days to get to the egg so whether it would be better a day or two before ovulation i.e. day 10/11? Or whether it gets there almost straight away so better on the actual day of ovulation? Anyone know? 
Thanks
Jojox

·
Registered
453 Posts
From what my clinic have said it takes approx 36 hours for the sperm to reach the egg ?? I hope that is right .
Love tj x

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hi,

Around ovulation is a good idea, so I have read. If you want a girl they say to have sex a few days before ovulation as the sperm is stronger. For a boy, have sex the days after ovulation as the sperm is weaker?!

This is what I have read    :)

Good Luck. jo x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
hi there
When we first started ttc, my consultant suggested having sex every day (or every other day at least) from day 10 until day 17.  The sperm can live up to about 3-5 days but the egg only lasts about 24hrs so having sex throughout that week should cover it if ovulate on day 12. 
take care
Natasha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts