Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
First time on here and looking to see if anyone had something similar or experiencing the same?
I have been trying to conceive for a year now, for the second time after having my first 4 years ago. I’m 33 and after coming off the pill second time round my periods are only ever 1 day or sometimes just for an hour!! After blood tests came back clear and still not conceived i was sent for an internal scan which shows possible Hydrosalphinx on my left tube. I’m now on a very long waiting list on nhs to even see a gynaecologist and left with a lot of worries. So I was wondering if anyone with Hydrosalphinx has the same symtoms or could it be something else also? Any help will be appreciated.
I have extreme bloating which is hard to touch, pains in my pelvis, feeling sick, dizziness and tiredness. I seem to have one good week out of the month when I actually feel healthy! 😭

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had one 4 years ago! I lost both of my tubes because of it. I was so bloated all the time. I was relieved when the surgery got scheduled . I hope you don’t have to wait long. If you do have to lose your tubes you could do ivf and freeze embryos while you wait. Thads what I did

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one 4 years ago! I lost both of my tubes because of it. I was so bloated all the time. I was relieved when the surgery got scheduled . I hope you don’t have to wait long. If you do have to lose your tubes you could do ivf and freeze embryos while you wait. Thads what I did
hi Melissa, thank you for your reply, Iv not seen anything about bloating with Hydrosalphinx when googled so nice to know it’s not just me! Been trying to focus on exercise and dieting to to take my mind off the waiting, but it’s disheartening when you don’t appear any different.
Did your bloating and symptoms go after the surgery? X

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi Melissa, thank you for your reply, Iv not seen anything about bloating with Hydrosalphinx when googled so nice to know it’s not just me! Been trying to focus on exercise and dieting to to take my mind off the waiting, but it’s disheartening when you don’t appear any different.
Did your bloating and symptoms go after the surgery? X
Yes and I couldn’t wait for the surgery. I literally called around to hospital to determine who could do it the fastest. Try drinking a lot of water too. It is such an awful thing! I really hope you can fix your tubes

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also experienced bloating and also fatigue whilst waiting for my operation. I had an ectopic many years ago and one Fallopian tube was removed at the time as it had ruptured. Last year during ivf treatment they discovered the remaining tube was filled with fluid and this, in my opinion explained the discomfort I had been feeling. I had an nhs consultation around 3 months months after the issue was discovered in august 2021. Tube was removed in December 2021. I would imagine the wait time would vary by area (I’m in Cowbridge, wales) and I don’t know if the fact I was referred by the ivf clinic would have meant my wait would be shorter than someone else. I hope you don’t have to wait too long and good luck with the future ❤

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also experienced bloating and also fatigue whilst waiting for my operation. I had an ectopic many years ago and one Fallopian tube was removed at the time as it had ruptured. Last year during ivf treatment they discovered the remaining tube was filled with fluid and this, in my opinion explained the discomfort I had been feeling. I had an nhs consultation around 3 months months after the issue was discovered in august 2021. Tube was removed in December 2021. I would imagine the wait time would vary by area (I’m in Cowbridge, wales) and I don’t know if the fact I was referred by the ivf clinic would have meant my wait would be shorter than someone else. I hope you don’t have to wait too long and good luck with the future ❤
Thank you for your response, it’s nice to know that I’m not going crazy with symptoms because The internet shows nothing of bloating and other things im feeling . All I know at the moment is I have only 1 blocked tube which is likely from an emergency c section and infection (placenta left inside me) 🙈 but I fear there is something else going on xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts