Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I've been on clexane injections for since my BFP and for the past week have started to do them on my sides right above hip-level. Both yesterday and today's injection have left me with much pain (jabbed alternate sides) not at the injection site itself, but further down towards the hip. Icing the area hasn't been much help and the stinging sensation is pretty continuous (thankfully don't feel yesterday's anymore).

I asked my doctor if by chance DH could have hit a nerve and was told that it is impossible because the needle is so small.

Has anyone had anything similar to this? Is there a better/less painful spot to inject? (around bump not an option)

thanks for any input!
mayve

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

I don't think i can be much help but didn't want to read and run.  I'm surpised they've ruled out hitting a nerve.  I managed to with my injections and it was just as you are describing.  Could you inject into the top of your leg perhaps?

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hiya,

I'm on Clexane and was told you can inject in the stomach, thigh, top of the bum and in the upper arm.  Maybe check with your midwife about injection sites/technique etc?

Amanda
x

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Can you pinch an inch at your side?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts