Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

I've had a niggling pain in my left calf for a few days now.  It started a couple of nights ago in bed, I got really, really bad cramp in the middle of the night and ever since I've had a pain and my leg hurts  :(

I've googled it  ^idiot^  and worried that I may have DVT or something like that  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^  - am I over-reacting, is this normal or should I go and get it checked out?  I can walk on it but I'm worried that it could be something serious.

Any advice would be good please xxx

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Cramps can cause the muscle to be a bit sore. Have you got any redness in the area? If you measure each calf they should be the same, if the painful one is bigger then that's not good. Always worth checking out if you're worried and I don't think that any of us can say for sure that you shouldn't worry, and even if we did would you believe us and stop worrying?

bingbong x

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Ronnie

You should definately get that checked out. If its red/hot/swollen it could well be a DVT. If it's none of those things it's probably muscle cramps. Either way you need to see GP.

Trust me, I'm a Nurse!!

Sal. xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi love

If it is just a pain in your calf I really wouldn't worry too much. However if it is hot to touch, hard and swollen then you need to see someone to get it checked out especially if there is a history of DVT in the family, you take the contraceptive pill and/or you smoke (sorry, not sure if you've had your twinnies yet). You can keep an eye on the swelling by measuring it every couple of hours with a tape measure at the widest part of the calf (mark it with a pen so you know where to measure from next time) However if you are really worried forget your GP and ring A&E to discuss it with them and they will advise you. I would definitely get it checked out if you are pregnant as you can never be too careful xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Ooops just worked out you are still preggers so forget the pill and smoking comment. xx

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
I had a dvt while pg with ds1

Mine was in my iliac vein (pelvis) though my leg did also swell

Def get checked out - blood tests, ultrasound etc, possibly MRI will determine if it's a dvt

Go right away, if the clot moves it can
Cause pulmonary embolism

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
The oestrogen in the pull pre cycling and during the cycle in a de cycle is a risk in itself even before the pregnancy

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Dvt more common on the left
Please go to  a and e if you haven't already x

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ladies

Thank you so much for your replies.

I did as some of you said and measured it, it wasn't hot to touch so I laid on the sofa with it raised on a cushion and that seemed to do the trick.  I've not had any problems since so I think it's ok.

Thank you for taking the time to give me your advice xxx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Glad it's better x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts