Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello  :D

Just wanting to know if anyone can help, if it is normal to have belly cramps with d.regging? I was only aware of cramping with the next stage?
I am on a long protocol (d.reg for 28 days total) with one long acting injection (prostap).. Also it is possible/normal to have AF twice in this stage? Is this part of surpression?

Many Thanks!!
Kelly

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having same - lots of cramping - on day 10 of DReg (Suprefact). Started on day 20 of my cycle so am now 2 days late for period also.
This is our 2nd icsi - 1st failed last year but don't think i was as tired or crampy then

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi ladies

Just to say I'm downregging to - started on 13th May - so am up to day 12. My tummy is like a solid football and feels very bloated/tender. I have to go to bed with a hot water bottle. (didn't expect this neither)

Hope the cycles go well for you both.

Wendyxx

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry - I forgot to say I'm on a long cycle and am using the nasal spray (suprecur) every 8 hours. Am due for scan next Tuesday to move onto the next stage....

Wxx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Girls,
Thanks for your replies.. Didn't know if it was just me as hadn't heard about cramps in d.reg!
Well they seem to have eased up a bit now thankfully...

Wendy - I too have my scan on Tuesday to see if ready for stimms!! Let me know how you get on, hope it all goes really well for you! How long have you been down regging for?

Good Luck! ;D
Kelly x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Kelly

I started downregging on 13th May, so I've been doing this for 12 days now....

Let me know how you get on too.

Hope it all goes well.

ps. How are you finding Bourn Hall?

Wendyx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Wendy

I've been down regging since May 4th! Arrggh! My dates seem to have fallen on both may bank holidays so it's stretched out longer.... Typical but never mind!

Haven't actually been to Bourn Hall yet as only having ET there (june 16th) and the rest of the cycle at my local hospital luckily.. Going down there on Thursday to be shown around and so that we don't get lost on the day (really don't want to think about that!!)..

Are you at Bourn Hall too?

Kelly x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Kelly

I'm at the ARGC (it was tricky to choose between there and Bourn) but ARGC was slightly easier for us to travel to.

Its good to meet someone who is having roughly the same cycle dates!

Thats interesting that Bourn have given you an ET date. I have absolutely no idea when that will be for me. Any idea how they worked it out?

I was told to come in around day 5 for a check to start stimming. Because like you its a bank holiday weekend, the earliest I can come in is on day 9 - i.e. on Tues - so was wondering if this will move back my ET dates a little. (bit of a nightmare trying to organise my life around these dates)

Best of luck for Tuesday, let me know how you get on.
Bye for now,
Wendy

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Wendy,

Hope you are ok? Just wanted to wish you luck for scan tomorrow! Turns out mine is Wednesday not tomorrow, so another day to go.... ::)

Anyway, good luck and lets hope we're on those stimms this week!!

Kelly x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Kelly

How did your appointment go? Have you started stimming now?

I didn't start stimming in the end as I had a second period! So I have to go back again tomorrow morning for a repeat blood test to see if stimming can start.

Really worried about the nasal spray I have been using as presumably if I had a second period then I must have ovulated (i.e. got the nasal spray wrong) which mucked things up. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Sleep well.
Wendyx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wendy,
Oh no! Sorry to hear that, is there any way you could request injections, or the long acting injection instead of the nasal spray? If you are worried, hopefully they can switch over for you? I had an injection instead of the spray... Hope they get it sorted...

Scan went ok luckily (and I think it is unfortunately just luck in this game isn't it??) Done my first injection this morning, no way as bad as I thought it was going to be! In fact it was so pain-free I had to check the needle went in at all and I am def squeamish normally! And I had been awake at 5am worrying about it so gave in and had to get up!

Really hoping you can get stimming ASAP! Let me know how you get on ^daisy^

Bye for now,
Kelly x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Kelly

Glad you started stimming ok today.

I had a repeat blood test this morning and started stimming today too - so looks as if we're cycle buddies!

Oddly enough though, I've been told to do them in the evening (between 8.30 and 10) - I'm on a drug called Menopur (150 units). I agree with you about the stabbing, it wasn't half as bad as I'd worked it out to be. (thank God!)

Have they told you to drink 3 litres of water and 1 litre of milk per day? (thats what I've been told) so I'd better work out how to make some good milkshakes.

Hope the stimming goes well for you. Let me know how you're getting on.

Wendyx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Wendy

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! Really glad you have started stimming too! Great to have someone going through it all at the same time, and I am also on 150 of menopur!!! Really feel like it's all happening now doesn't it?
I am drinking 2/3 litres of water a day, and having the milk with Solar whey protein powder in as I've read some really good stories about it helping produce good quality eggs. I bought a cheap version from Holland and Barret first which tasted like cardboard! Was awful!! This one is nice though, and finally putting use to a milkshake frother machine that we got as a wedding present 3 years ago!!?!! Also a high protein diet is supposed to be a great help through all this, so am stocked up on eggs, chicken and hummous dips!! ;D

I think maybe my injections have to be in the morning as my scans are booked for 9am, and I have to do my injections after the scans next week, so that may be why our times are different? Not sure though - what times are your next scans? My next test is Monday (just the blood one)....

Well happy jabbing later! 2 down now! ;D

Kelly x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Kelly

Scary stuff, isn't it - all this injecting?

Where did you get the nice milk from? (I'm really feeling sick on the normal stuff) Have you been turning it into a milkshake? My milkshakes were disasters.

Bought some fresh fish,chicken and hummous today too! Planning to have eggs for brkfast tomorrow.

My scans and blood tests are all in the morning - at approx 9am. So it is weird that different clinics do this differently.

How are you getting along with the stabbing? I'm managing ok but the liquid hurt a bit tonight. Also had a blood test this morning and that hurt too. I'm starting to look a bit bruised and battered...

Was at a wedding yesterday which was a bit tricky - everyone else was plastered and I just carried a bottle of water around with me all day/night.

Have got to go to the clinic tomorrow morning for another blood test and scan. Will let you know how I get on. Let me know how you get on tomorrow. Fingers crossed that all goes well and the follies grow nicely!!!!!
Wendyx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Wendy!

Well, it's go now isn't it???!!!

How did your scan and blood test go? Hope it's going well!

I was exactly the same as you with the blood test I had this morning, normally not too bad, but today BLOODY HURT!!! The nurse made a comment about maybe should have used the other arm??!!! Great! Only had a blood test, so don't know what the results are, first scan is on Wednesday.. Really want to know if going ok!

Finding the actual injections fine, but get a bit wound up when mixing and getting the injection all ready, got this huge paranoia about air bubbles now!! It does sting a bit as the liquid goes down the leg though doesn't it?

I got the solgar whey protein stuff off the internet (sorry can't remember which site, but if you just type in solgar whey on search, lots of places send it out), as I couldn't find it in a shop. In between feeling crampy belly, I feel really healthy with this high protein business! How about you? Are you feeling any pains at all yet?

Well hope you are ok,
Happy hummous dipping!!
Kelly x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Kelly
I tried the other arm yesterday - thats when it hurt so I'm back to the original one. (I guess its just getting more tender as time goes on...)

I had a blood test and scan this morning. Dr T told me follicles not developing well enough yet. Got a call at lunch time to say I needed to change drugs and inject immediately with double the quantity (300iu of Gonal F instead of 150 iu of Menopur). That was a bit tricky as I was at work. Luckily hubby was off work so he brought all the drugs to me at the office. I have to go back again tomorrow morning for another blood test. Dr T also said I needed to drink even more fluids (I must be on over 4 litres a day already!)

Thanks for the tips on the milk. I'll have a look. In the meantime I found some milkshakes yesterday in Tescos - made with fresh milk, so I can just about tolerate them.

Has your behaviour been changing? Hubby has told me I'm behaving a bit hyper - i.e. loads of energy (which is v. unlike me).

As for how I'm feeling - I'm not really having any pains, just feeling v. bloated and not v. hungry due to all the liquids. Its a bit tricky to tell, as this time of year I also suffer badly from hayfever so it makes me feel grotty anyway.

Good luck with the stabbing tomorrow morning! Let me know how you get on on Wednesday. (fingers crossed for you)
Wendyx

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wendy - You will not believe this... I have also got to up my dose - I think we must be having some kind of vodoo effect on each other! I just found out this morning from my blood test to up my 3 amps of menopur to 5... I had already injected my 3 amps before I got the message, so I had to do another one! ::) I am a bit upset, although I was surprised that I hadn't had too bad cramping, and had expected it to be more painful... Just hope this is going to be okay now, do you think this is quite common to up the dose and still be ok? Also - do you know why now you will be on Gonal F - is it stronger? Oh the worry hey!

I know what you mean about the hunger thing, I too don't feel as hungry at all now and am pouring the water down (also as it's soo hot!) I have been feeling really positive and not moody at all up to today, but still getting hot flushes a lot (now invested in a 50p plastic mini fan!)....

Well I hope todays blood test went well for you and follies are growing - let me know how it goes, be thinking of you!

Good luck!
Kelly x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Kelly
How are things going? When is your next check?

I had bloods and scan this morning and I have to increase my dose again to 450 iu Gonal F. I ask why they moved me from Menopur and Dr T said thats what they normally do at their clinic part way through. (Menopur was much easier to inject - needle was definitely thinner!! Ah well) Don't know if you've read the leaflets on the drugs, but I've now moved from menopausal women's urine to genetically engineered hamster ovary cells!!!! Yuk!!!!! (perhaps I'll start to sprout hairy ears?)

Bit fed up today as he also said I have very few follicles. Not sure what the average should be or how many he meant. How many have you got?

Not feeling hyper any more, just feeling a bit weepy. Can't tell whether its the drugs or today's results that are causing it. Also my blood test today was v. painful. (even more than on Sunday). Fingers crossed its a bit better tomorrow.

I too have no appetite at all. Could barely stomach half a sandwich at lunch. Need to just chill tonight to take my mind off things.

Let me know how you're doing. Hope all is well.
Wendyx :'(

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wendy,

How are you today?

It's all a real rollercoaster now isn't it? You go from the joy to being able to go onto stims, then it's a bit of a shock when there's another hurdle..

It's been the same with me - I started out on 225 of menopur and now on 400.. I just did not expect that to be the way at all! Anyway, had a crap day tuesday when I found out and cried all day, but felt a bit better (and hope this helps you too) when I had my scan yesterday, as when I was talking to the consultant he said this is VERY common. They also said that they can just push back EC and ET by a couple of days of however many days in needed, and just carry on with the stims, it does not mean you will have to cancel, so try to think positive matey even though I know it's really hard!

My scan showed 4 follies each side, but only 1/2 of those are 10mm and 11mm, and I'm not totally sure how good or bad that is really? The lining is 7mm which I think is ok I hope...

Sorry you were feeling down yesterday..I really understand how you are feeling, but I think it's going to be ok, and thankfully our clinics are well on the ball and getting the doses up higher and monitoring you properly.... I know that doesn't help the frustration though! :mad:

As for eating, I know what you mean with the appetite taken away.. That's not helping with energy levels either.. Did you manage to get any protein powder? If you can't get the solgar one, maybe try any other shop brand one just so you can get your protein in and help with your energy levels, and it saves you having to stomach food you just don't fancy. You can always top up with two drinks instead of one while you are not eating much?

When is your next scan and test? Mine is tomorrow..
I am really hoping those follies are growing well for you, and I'm sure they will now with your higher dose.. Sending you loads of positive vibes!!

Let me know how it's all going - be thinking of you..
Kelly x

p.s. I am really scared about hamster EARS?????!!!!!??

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Kelly

Thanks so much for your e-mail. It really helps me to keep positive! ^sunny^

Thats great about your follicles!!!! I did hear from someone that they only had 5 follies in total but got over 20 eggs from them - so that should be fine for you. ^merlin^.

Thats good they can push back EC. Looks like mine, if it happens at all will be at the end of next week or later. Will have to ask exactly how many I have and what size they are. I'll let you know.

I'm still on 450 iu, made me feel a bit dizzy last night. How about you? Is it making you feel dizzy? How swollen does your tummy feel? Mine is like a rubgy ball.

Thanks for the advice on the protein. I've made sure I've had the milk. I'm also having fish, finished off the hummus today and am going to try an omlette. DH is away for a few days now and my mum is arriving tonight to give me some tlc so I'm sure she'll make me eat properly.

Well I've got bloods and a scan tomorrow so will let you know how I get on. Good luck for your scan tomorrow and let me know how you get on. Fingers crossed that it all goes well.

Take care, thinking of you too! Sending you lots of fairy dust so that it works its magic!! ^fairydust^
Wendy (hamster ears.....)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts