Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Had an awfully painful EC today. I told them I had a lot of pain last time and they said they noted it and would take it on board. Twice I was in so much pain that the monitor on my finger stopped the machine working, coz I was gripping my DH's hand so hard. I thought I was meant to have enough sedative and or local anaesthetic so as not to hurt. I feel really angry wth them. Is it normal? Please advise.

PS if it all has a happy ending, I'm sure I will not care, ;D but today was pretty distressing and I feel really tender now too. IPlease tell me, is it normal to have such a painful EC?

Amethyst
x

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Amethyst.

Big  ^hugme^ for such an horrid experince.

I've never had EC but from what I've read, yes people do find it blooming painful and that why often people have sedation or general/local anaesthetic even. Did you clinic not offer you either of those options? I take it not from what you said.

Please don't be concerned though and try to put it behind you. There is nothing to suggest that a painful EC will effect the outcome at all. Feeling sore and tender today is quite normal. Get lots of rest  ^hugme^.

ET is usually similar to having a smear so hopefully that will go a lot more smoothly for you (and DH hand!!  ;) )

Love

Emma xx

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hi Amethyst

Yep it is normal to have painful EC, my first one was worse than the second but I felt and remember the pain I was in. However labour is a LOT more painful, so like Emmelottie suggest I just accepted that pain was part of the process to get a baby and like you say when you get your BFP you won't care  ;D

Good Luck

Sam

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Emma, Sam and Loopy for your responses  - am sorry I haven't replied sooner, my login said I didn't have any messages and I didn't realise I could find out by hitting 'new replies' ;D ^idiot^

Anyway, I really appreciate the feedback which is interesting. A nurse since told me that they think the needle in my hand went into the tissue instead of a vein so I wasn't properly sedated and my pulse rates match that conclusion. Another 'live' operation like last time! But last time, at least it kicked in during the second half on the other ovary.

Some people have local or even general anaesthetics so I don't see why we have endured such an horrific hour when other girls have only discomfort. I hope that no one else has to endure the scalpels without painrelief. We shouldn't have to, and there is medicine to combat this, it is the 21st century afterall. (I don't think the trauma helps the healing process either) I think the hospital cocked up, and they didn't give me anything else to help either. Having said that, I'm not going to take it any further, just venting, thank you so much for listening.

I am sorry Loopyone that you seem to have had such a bad time too. Fingers crossed for your outcome that the ones they did retrieve are real winners :) ^reiki^.
Am
x

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Amethyst

^hugme^ What a horrible experince hun.

I have everything crossed for you that its MORE than worth it  ;)

Love

Emma xx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh thank you Emmalottie and all that luck multiplied and sent right back.
Am
xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts