Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i have pcos . i am under a consultant at hospital.
i was just wondering if anyone else suffers from a pain in the ovary region? i
suffer quite bad and pain killers don't work!! :mad: :-\
anyone have any idea to ease the pain?
sazziiee :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I too also suffer an awful lot of pain, where it stops me from working.  Painkillers don't reliever the pain anymore, as I have gone immune to them for taking them for so long.  The pain I tend to get is more on the left side, as though someone is stabbing me, and the pain travels through to my back, like a knife going in and out.  It can be very excruitiating.  I also get alot of swelling when this happens also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi
glad to read i'm not the only one with these pains!! makes me feel better at least i know its me making them up!! Where i explained to my gp and consultant they looked at me funny and said it was unrelated!!!!  :mad:
sazziiee  :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got told manys a time from the GP and Gynae that it could be due to the ovary enlarging so much and cysts bursting that causes this pain.  Sometimes the pain can last a day, or it can go on continuesly for a few weeks.
I've been admitted to hospital so many times, due to the pain being too unbearable.
Some Dr's are starting to realise that PCOS can cause pain, although if you look at any article for symptoms of PCOS not many atall mention the pain factor.  I know other woman from another site, that suffer alot of pain so I know we are not alone in this.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi all

i also have pcos and the pains i get or unbearable sharp stabbing pains is the only way i can describe them i was also told by my GP that it could be that ovary enlarging or the cysts leaking fluid i was admitted to hospital a few years back with this pain i went in with suspected appendicitis  i had a scan done just to be told you have pcos duhhh like i don't know that nothing got done about the pain i was just given pain killers witch was a lode of s**t and i was sent home a few days after just to suffer with it
                                                love baby wisper

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Painful ovaries - oh yes thats me.  I kind of just try to stretch it out and rub (! not that it does any good cause I'm just rubbin gmy skin! ^idiot^) but does mentally sooth things!  I've been told its cysts popping - wished they'd all pop and disappear!

G

·
Well Said Nikki  ^banana^ ^clapping^

I also get pains in my overies.  Mainly the right side as that is were I have more cycsts.  It got that bad one month that I had to go to a & e as I could not stand up.  I have felt that Stretching out untill the pain has gone helps.

Luv Chazz

·
Registered
222 Posts
I actually press into the area thats sore with my fist, I feel that the pressure helps and bringing my knee's upto my chest.  I dont know if its just a comfort thing or if it is actually working, but in my mind its helping me slightly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks Nikki, LOL at least now I know I'm not mad, my partner tells me off, lol telling me "surely your gonna make it worse" but as I say theres no way the pain could get anyworse anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
I get thee pains too, some times I can feel them creeping up and getting stronger but sometimes I get just a huge shooting pain that causes me to double over, I too find curling up with my knees in tight helps ease the pain a bit.

Do you guys just get these pains at certain times of your cycle or at different times? I thought at first it was the week leading up to OV but the past few cycles I've had them throughout my cycle both before and after OV!

Also mine only seem to happen on my left hand side!

Nicky x x x

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Stina my DH looks at me like I'm mad when I talk about my ovaries as he thinks how on earth could I know the pains from my ovary!  Men eh !! hehehe

Nicky mine is only on my left too although I have cysts on both.  I find mine has no real timing that I can think off, but it probably has if I did monitored it.  Generally its a regular occurance with every so often severe pain which I put down to a cysts popping, etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I get the pain at all times of the month, I can actually say that I have pain on most days, but not as severe as it can get.
Normally its always on the left handside where the pain is, right down low.  It can move over to the right at times, but most of the time its on the left.  I know my left ovary is in a worse state than my right, so maybe thats the reason.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
My pain is usually only on the left, but I've had a few right-side pains too. HAd an awful shooting pain this monring. Its almost like have a stitch and made me double over. I'm on CD11 today and started with OV pais on CD5/6. I'm hoping I ahven't missed my ovulation this month, nothing on the OPK yet so maybe not.

Are men hopeless, or do we just know our bodies a lot better than they do???

KerryB
xx

·
Registered
222 Posts
Kerry we definately know our bodies then our men do.  Its as though they think they suffer the same type of pain and think we should just take a paracetamol and it will go away.  I DONT THINK SO!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.