Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am due to start my 2nd TX soon and am not feeling too great as have yet another sore throat and generally feel pretty ill with headache etc..

I am worried that if I go to the Docs and I have any anti-biotics it will interfere with my drugs when I start treatment.

Can any of you give me some advice?

Also has anyone used painkillers such as Anadin Extra whilst tx-ing I beleive you can't as it has aspirin in it?

Thanks

Lou xxxx

·
Registered
377 Posts
i'm not sure what to advise on this one as i'm a 'strange case'

i'm currently TTC - naturally at the moment with my husband and have cronic pain due to endomitriosis and other problems...
I'm on dihydracodiene + paracetemol 4 times a day.... In normal cases this isn't allowed but i have crohns disease and am not allowed to take alot of medicine i.e. asprin / ibuprofen / ANY anti inflamitory - as they will aggrevate my crohns... so i've had no option but to stick to the above...

Believe it or not i have an appointment with the Pain clinic after work to discuss what they are going to do for my pain situation...

Its such a nightmare having to figure out what you can and can't take.

Hope someone can help sweetie..

Huggs Gemz xxx

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Gemms

As if you haven't got enough to put up with already !!!  Life s very cruel isn't it?

Thanks for the post I don't really feel ill but then I don't feel great either so I am umm-ing and ahh-ing on whether to waste an appt at the Doc's tomorrow - they probably won't be able to do anything anyway...so will probably leave it and see how I am on Monday.

Hope the Pain Clinic Appt went OK?  If its any consolation I am always in some sort of pain I don't know whether mine is psychological though.

Take Care and Good Luck with ttc

Luv from Lou xxx

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Sweetheart

I hope you are feelin better soon..sending loads of huggs!

The pain clinic went well actually...  they've upped my dihydracodiene for the time being... i've been given a TENS machine and been referred to an acupuncturist...lol!!  (the latter worked for my migraines so heres hoping)..
I just wish i could still take my amitriptiline again, cos it worked wonders before but they took me off it due to not knowing enough about what damage it may cause to an unborn baby...  Its an anti-depressent but but i was given it fro chronic pain.. as it send signals to the brain or something to help cope with pain or somthing..was  on a small dose of 20mg a night....

Keep your chin up sweetie
Love Gemz xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts