Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya All

As we have now been given a panel date, I was just wondering if you find out if you are successful on the day or not.  I am sure the answer is somewhere in the adoption board but have not been able to find it.

Also, is the Life Book given to the panel prior to your panel date, or do you take it on the day.  We have been told that all other paperwork has to be with them a month prior to the date we attend.

Good luck to everyone.

Tracey

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Tracey

We were told to wait for about 10 mins or so while the panle discussed what we had said and then were called back in and told by the chair of the panel that day.  Our life story book went with our form F to the panel.

Good luck
Karen x

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi there

Well done for getting a panel date!!...

We went in and met the panel, then asked a couple of simplke questions. A soon as we had finished the head prson said, we have already agreed to approve you, well done, and that was it, we got up and went home!...quite bizarre really.
Our story book also went with our form F to the panel..

Lots of luck!
Natxx

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hiya Tracey

We took our family book into the panel with us and after a few questions, they asked us to leave our book behind for them to nosy over, and our sw stayed in there to answer any further questions.

We were told the result by our sw within 10 minutes.

Not half as bad as we'd worried over at all!!
At the end of the day, your sw and his/her supervisors must be 99.9% sure you'll be approved, otherwise you wouldn't be going to panel. It's just a formality.

Best of luck whenever your big day is!!

x

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi Tracey

congratulations on receiving a date for panel - we were advised within ten minutes that we had been approved.
however we had not started our family book at this point ???

good luck with the panel - i know you will be fine

LB
X

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya all

Thanks for all your help and advice.  I am feeling much calmer about things and have been shopping today for glitter, glue and stars etc , and have bought a really bright file to put our photos etc in.

I am quite looking forward to our panel day now (23 Nov 05) and hopefully we will be successful, can't think why we won't but you never know.  Afterwards, we were thinking of taking all those who have given us invaluable support, out for a meal to thank them, we couldn't have got through it without them.

Thanks again.

Tracey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.