Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to test tomorrow on an ivf cycle ( hpt's currently showing as  ^BFP^) but am now panicking . I have been taking one flaxseed oil capsule a day for years along with the sanatogen pro natal pill.

Have just read that flax seed oil should not be used in pg and can cause m/c and abnormalities. I can't remember what dose I've been using and of course won't take it again but have I aready burned my boats??

P
:(

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hi Pupz,
Firstly congratulations on your bfp! I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I can understand how worried you must be. Think I would be inclined to check with consultant.
But you already have good plan to leave them off from now.
Hoping it all works out for you.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Maybe someone here will be able to reassure you a bit more.
^hugme^
Love Cindersxxx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both-I am so useless with the search engine -I did try it and did not come up with anything remotely as 'on point' as this!

It kind of helps and kind of doesn't as it basically concludes the opposite to what I read this morning which is that dr's would not recommend its use during pg though most of the research has been on animals. Am wondering if maybe the research has changed since the thread you gave me the link to.

Anyway nothing I can do now except  add it to my list of things to worry about!! Have been to the chemist and am swapping it with fish omega 3 -without vit A !

Thanks so much.

P
xx

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hi Pupz
you're welcome hunni ;)
With the Search Function, you're often best to filter the search to an appropriate section, I put in Flaxseed and view Herbs/Vitamins/Minerals and Complementary Therapies as if it was going to be anywhere, it would be there ;) Sometimes you have to trawl through some posts, but you usually find it.
Wishing you all the bst my lovely.
Lotsa love :-*
Gayn
XX

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hiya

Congartulations on your BFP.

I took flaxseed throughout my pregnancy having asked my GP and being told it was fine.  I'm not suggesting you take it against the advice you've been given but I don't think you should worry too much.  Lots of people do lots of things in very early pregnancy, before they know they're pregnant (drink, smoke, take drugs) and the babies are just fine.

Love VIL
xxx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you ! Will try to update you tomorrow as to hcg levels at official test  ^cat^. Fingers crossed.

P
xx

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hi

I would suggest you give up any individual supplements you have been taking and switch to a pregnancy specific one i.e. Pregnacare.

This way you will have all the additional supplements you need without the worries of taking something that you shouldn't and it will work out cheaper ;D

Personally I gave up everything except for the Pregnacare (which has folic acid in it) when I got my BFP.

Congrats on your BFP

sam

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx for that. I think you are right , though my nails might start falling off but worth it, no??!!

Anyway just got the call from the clinic-hcg levels are 342!  ;D ;D

P
xx

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
i think i took flaxseed oil? - i am pretty sure marilyn glenvilles book reccomends it. Oil is good for brain and nervous system development or something although i did switch to the santantogen pro natal with the fish oil capsules instead as i only need take one of them and was taking 3 of the others.

yep i did a search and see here it says nutritionists reccomend mums take flaxseed oil its in the 4th para i think...

http://flaxseed.naturallygreen.co.uk/

^hugme^ oh and congrats on being BFP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts