Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

I have got myself into a bit of a state  ^idiot^... i am 5 weeks pregnant today, something i never thought i would find myself saying !

I had a bit of brown spotting 6 days ago but it stopped within the hour and i have had nothing since. I have been reading up on pregnancy and i have now convinced myself that i have got a blighted ovum.. Does anyone have experience of this ? do you think i am being paranoid ? I really want to enjoy being pregnant as we have waited so long to be but i am worrying myself sick, i am not having my first scan until 8th May and i am going out of my mind with worry, its worse than the 2ww ....

i really hope you lovely ladies can help put my mind at rest...

Bell xxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
why not ask the clininc or local hospital to do Blood for HCG and 48 hours later, I also had a scan at 5 weeks and 5 days in my pregnancy so maybe they would scan you
L x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Bell

What makes you think you have a blighted ovum ???  I had one of these last cycle but didn't know it until I had my scan.  I had all the normal pregnancy symptons and had no bleeding or spotting at all.

x x

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya,

i have had three HCG tests done and the clinc are " very happy " with all of my hormone results... the last one being 16 days after transfer 348 HCG, all my other levels are good too, i just cant help but worry, my DH says i am being silly  :-[

Thanks for replying...

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Your HCG levels are really good so I would try not to worry.

xx

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya Scooby,

I dont know why i am being so negative, i almost want to punch myself ! ^bigbad^

i just keep thinking everything is great so something must be wrong, i am not normally this "glass half empty" kind of person. I am going mad i think.. i have been doing too much reading me thinks...

bell xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
The internet can be a great place to "learn" things but it can also make you worried so much.

I would try and relax and what for your scan.

x x x

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

Its completely natural to worry and I'm worrying every day about all sorts of baby related stuff.  Only a scan is going to tell you whats going on.  I remember my clinic saying that cramping is normal and brownh spotting is usually fine, its just if there is a heavy red bleed I would need to be checked out.  Hope you are pk and best of luck for your scan.  Let us know how you get on,

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi Bell,

It is perfectly natural to worry, but your levels do sound good.

I was the worlds worst worrier, and didn't stop worrying all throughout my pregnancy.  Nights before scans being the worst and crying myself to sleep. 

All I can say is try not to worry, easier said than done I know, but you are really not alone in your thoughts.

Heres to a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Take care
Zoe x

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi Bell

You sound like me..I am 6 weeks pregnant after trying for 8 years.  I am almost convinced I have a blighted ovum, but have no rational reason for thinking this.  I have no spotting or anything, but dont have any real symptoms either, apart from sore boobs now and again and backache.  I have not even had any blood tests so have no idea what my levels are.  I guess until the scan we will not be 100% relaxed.  I definately think it is worse than the 2WW as you feel that there is something there that you dont want to lose.

I am sure we will be both fine, once we have our rational heads on  ^idiot^.

cindy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Bell I am right there with you girl I am going insane!!!! Driving my poor DH mad.  Because of my ectopic and mc history I have been having my hcg levels checked too and mine were 358 on day 14 so very similar to yours and my hospital and happy too.  But I have very sore boobs and lots of cramping which is worrying me and no sicky feelings apart from worry so I totally understand how you feel.  My clinic are scanning me on the 7th which seems and eternity away but we will get there seeing is believing.  Take care  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
ladies

if its any reassurance (and I know it won't be - been there done it  ;D) I had a brown disharge for 4 weeks starting at 5 weeks and i had the same thoughts. I was convinced that I had a missed miscarriage or a molar pregnancy or something else - I had everything wrong that could be wrong (internet and books drove me crazy) but it turned out happily that I was wrong and I now have a gorgeous 4 month old to show for it!

I think we fight so hard to get there that we can't believe our luck we finally got there and we wait for the next thing to wrong - but "normal" people are the same, my sister falls as soon as she looks at her hubby and she had the same thoughts as me through every pregnancy (all healthy) so its obviously just our nature.  ::)

I didn't settle until I could feel him moving and I knew he was alright and then I found something else to worry about - it's a never ending cycle!!  ;)

Good luck, best wishes for the future - bumps and all  :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts