9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home for all the beautiful babies and their parents  :)n

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi everyone
Hope everyone and there bubs are ok?
Its quite on here now we've been separated,but it should be easier to keep up.
Dee well done on Freddie on his walking he is really clever,I've just ordered Thomas a v-tech push along walker so hope he likes it?
Thomas is brill,he def knows what he wants and doesnt settle till he gets it hes now found teh video and I've some treaded ball as ornaments on a glass dish which hes found,hes nearly crawling but doesnt lift his belly up he drags himself along the floor army style  ;D
we are off to his brothers caravan on sun which I cant wait will have to re arrange the furniture so it thomas proof ;D
I was playing with him the other day and I thought I'm really happy this is waht I'm here for to be Thomas's mummy so glad the treatment finally worked dh and me were talking teh other day and he said we are really luckly.
doing ok with the diet I've lost 11lb so far still 2 stone to go but been bad this weekend,so trying to be good this week before the holiday.
Hope everyone as had a good weekend
Love Gemmaxxxxx

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
^hello^ gang!

Not been around for a few days and thought there would be loads of pages to catch up on and there aint  :p it's very quiet isnt it? You must all be enjoying the fabo weather we are having the last few days!

It's so nice to read up on all your bubbas news and milestones too, well done to all who have made some recently ^clapping^

Well, Zak is just adorable and I love spending as much time as poss with my wee man, he is such a joy at the moment although into absolutely everything!!!! STILL no teeth  :-[ but we having re-named him gummy boy  ;D Got a hosp appt later with him, just a check with the paed's again but have a feeling they may discharge him now as the reflux is loads better. The 8 month check with the h/v went brill, she is really pleased with his development too. The problem is at the mo he isnt interested in any kind of lumpy food whatsoever (except toast or bread) and won't tolerate and change in food either but I am persisting needless to say and try something every day, the dog is loving it though getting all these leftovers  ::)

My nephew (he is 3) broke his leg on friday falling off his scooter, he has broken the top bone femar (sp)  :-\ he is in traction at the mo til the swelling goes down and then they want to operate, bless him! Went to see him yest and he just wants to go home, the poor little mite!

Anyway gonna go and get toast b4 Zak wakes up from his nap!

Take care gang!!

Loads of love

Shezza & gummy boy!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya ^wave^

just checking in to say all is well

It is quiet here !

well done with diet Gemma

Shezza how did appiontment go with Zak ? also sounds like your nephew is a right handful

got MBK passport back the other day he looks real cute in his picture dont seem right having a passport for 5 years - he will look so different surely ?

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi All

We're still here  :)

Isabelle had her hearing test this morning, I think she was wondering why the HV was making silly noises behind her  ;D. Whilst we were waiting in the surgery, in the deathly silence she decided to chat away to fill the silence. We also got our bag of books too.

I've signed Isabelle up for some music sessions at the nursery, she likes making noise so it should be right up her street.

Talking of teeth, she's not got any through yet but she did teeth through Fri/Sat...was angry or what! Arched back, hitting and not wanting my boob. The next day we stocked up on drugs other than Calpol, DH the pharmacist has us armed and ready. Needless to say shes been fine since!!!!

Are any of you having difficulties with sleeping through? Isabelle is tending to wake a couple of times in the early hours, I tend to bf her...I probably leave her but I am feeling a bit sleep deprived :eek:

love & hugs

Camilla

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Guess what...................................................................

Zak has 2!!!!! teeth coming through  ^dancing spot^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^jumpin^ ^spin^ noticed them today while I was visiting Kee and Nay managed a rare opening of his mouth to see and we spotted 2! No wonder he has been a little grumpy for a few days but not really that bad to be honest! Well done Zak!!

They discharged him from the hosp by the way, another well done for him too!!

Love from

a very proud mommy!!!!  :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Shezza ^wave^

so Zak's new nick-name of gummy boy didnt last two minutes then ^roflmao^

Love Mini xx

G

·
Hey everyone

Sorry I've been away for ages.  Cammy is soooooooooooo lovely and  i can't sop kissing him - poor lamb and he has started sleeping through the night a lot more - his record is 9 hours - bless.  It's mad in our house at the moment as we're clearing our clutter (we have 12 years worth) this week with a view to putting our house on the market next week and we're house hunting - oh my !!!

Hope you and your little miracles are all well

love

Sarah Lou xxx

·
Registered
547 Posts
Way to go Zah
Ialso noticed yesterday that Thomas is getting a tooth I've looked again today and hes gettint two through,he asnt been in too much pain just puting his fingers in his mouth more and if he bite hard on something he cries out in pain so they havent caused him too much pain YET!
Hes also crawling all over in commando style with his belly on the floor he is into everything now.
We are going away on sunday to his brothers caravan in skeggness cant wait.
we are going out for dinner tomorrow as its our 4th wedding annversary we are going at dinner time as dh is working at 10pm tomorrow and this year it will be more special as a special little man is joining us cant believe its been 4years.
Camilla glad Isabelle's hearing went well,sorry shes waking in the night is she hungry as she might want more food during the day?
Sarah hope the de-cluttering is going ok,and hope the house hunting goes ok and you find somewhere,also well done Cameron for sleeping through the night.
Mini hows milky boob man?
Hope everyone is ok
Love gemmaxxx

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi Is it just me on here :(
Hope its because your all having a brill time with your miracles
Love gemmaxxxxx

·
Registered
547 Posts
Me again
We've had a lovely wedding anniversary got lots of flowers and mum and dad bought got us a basket of fruit delivered which was lovely so making a fruit salad tomorrow.
The weigh in went well this morning I lost 2lb which I was really suprised so I've now lost a stone and 1lb,but weve been out for dinner where I had pie and chips then choc pud and custard so will have prob put teh 2lb back on...... ;D
dh as just gone to work so come on here cos cant be bothered to iron and pack for our holidays.
Love gemmaxxxx

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi gals!

Hope i am in right place? its all moved about since i came on last time (long time ago! i know!)

I have also lost my pic of Mason on the left? must look into that.

Well Mason is now 7 mths and a little chunk ~ bless, weighing in at 18 11! nearly big enough for new car seat  ;)  i am back to work, this is about 4th week, i only do mon, tue & wed 9-3 and MIL has him, i am now back in swing of things  :)

One thing i wanted to ask:- is anyone thinking of "trying again" and if so when?  DH has told me we have to wait until Mason is at least 18 mths old, we are hoping to try naturally and see what happens, i don't think i could go through ICSI again and we have given up our frozen embies as we couldn't afford to store them, also we were both diagnosed with chlamydia after i gave birth and the docs said this may have stopped up conceiving in the first place but the fertility clinic said i was tested ???? hum???? so now we are both clear and it may have a slight chance of working naturally.

Take care x Its good to chat x

Zoe x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Mummies

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit ... have been keyboard-less ... long story! LOL!

A very very quick catch up from me ... it's quiet enough around here for me to attempt one! LOL!

Trudy - Good luck with the feeding pattern change.  Fingers crossed you get some sleep through nights soon. xxx

Zoe - Hi!  Pleased your return to work seems to be going good. xxx
I hated returning but know that Freddie loves his childminder and it's great when I go to pick him up and he comes crawling towards me and puts his arms up, all smiles!

Tracy - Freddie hates fish too!  My childminder reckons most "babies" do ... strange considering they all grow to love fish fingers!!!
Oh ... see my comments re work to Zoe! You'll be fine in the end ... it's much harder for us than it is for the babes.  xxx

Gemma - Sorry you seemed to be talking to yourself for a bit, there! LOL!
Hope you have a fab holiday. xxx

Sarah Lou - Good luck with the clearing and the house hunting. xxx

Shezza - Way to go, Zak on the teeth front.  And great news from the hospital too. xxx

Camilla - We got our books too ... great these Freebies!
Music sessions sound great .. you'll have to let us know how they go. xxx

Mini - Thanks for reminding me ... I must get Freddie's passport sorted - otherwise it will be a last minute thing next year! LOL!
Know what you mean about the pics ... looking at newborn photos compared to now shows difference enough. xxx

OK - think that's me caught up - HI to anyone I have missed - hope you are all happy and well.

News from here ... well I just have to tell you what a proud mummy I was on Wednesday.  ;D

Freddie had his 7-9 month check with the HV and did brilliantly.
She was amazed that he is walking using his walker and couldn't believe how active he was ... crawling everywhere in the clinic and climbing on loads of the toys, whilst chattering away.  ::)
Then she got to the bit about "speech" and said "well I can hear his babbling away to himself all the time - that's good".  And, I said "yeah he does it all the time.  He's trying to say the odd word too ... Ash for the dog, Mummy, Daddy and Hiya ... although that could just be me having an active imagination."  She laughed and I turned to Freddie and said ... "you can talk when you want to can't you hunny ... tell Janet where Daddy is"  Well clear as bells he looked at her and said "Daddy"!  :eek:
Anyway, at the end of his "report" ... she wrote ... "such a pleasant personality.  A lovely little boy.  Well done!"  ;D
I am so so proud!!!!  ;D

Anyway, enough of my waffle ... catch you all again soon!

Love to you all and the wee ones
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi All

Well done Freddie on your check and the lovely things the hv wrote on your report  :)

Our latest thing is that Isabelle yesterday started playing peek-a-boo with us using her muslin, quite funny as normally its us putting the muslin over her.

We're still having problems with broken sleep, I think it may be a growth spurt, I'm still bfing. I also think that more teeth may be on the way (Calpol at the ready!)

I agree Dee its great when you collect your little one from their childcare. Isabelle grins and wiggles her arms and legs at me...its good to know they miss you!

Nursery told me today that Isabelle loves the sandpit, in particular burying  her legs under the sand....strange girl!

Any tips on finger food? Isabelle tends to think finger food is something to throw around the kitchen ::) I've not really tried to many things yet, just rice cakes, banana and cucumber.

love

Camilla

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Camilla

LOL at Isabelle and the sandpit!  Strange things these children of ours!!!

As far as finger foods go, my tip would be to introduce finger foods as something to "play with" and get used to as opposed to part of baby's main diet in the first instance.  What I tend to do is give Freddie his normal meals (main and pudding) and then give him some sort of finger food to "play with".  It can be anything - sweet or savoury - and sometimes he eats it and other times he doesn't.  I'm fortunate in that our kitchen floor is quarry tiled and therefore all the inevitable mess is east to clean up.

Hope this helps a bit
Love
Dee
xxx

PS - Cow and Gate do some good first biscuits.

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Camilla....carrot sticks cut from the fridge are great for teething, cool and hard to chew on, just make sure they are about 2inches in length and thick enough to chew on :)

Amanda :)

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Thanks for the tips Dee & Amanda

I'll try the carrot as we have some in the fridge.

We had a better nights sleep last night...I didn't get a 1.30am or 3am wake up call  :)

Shes a happy bunny today rolling around on the floor mouthing everything in sight and playing with a pop up toy  :) Grandma & Grandpa are here later so plenty of attention for her plus I get to do some tidying whilst they're here....oh, oh shes noticed I'm on the laptop...better go!

love

Camilla & backward crawling Isabelle

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya ^wave^

crikey parenting is busy stuff

MBk is now rolling front to back and back to front competently - just waiting fro him to go roly poly all the way round now

no more fussing when we put him on front to play

loves his door bouncer

and had baby rice for the first time today which he loved - he is definatley ready for weaning - i was rather hoping he would go to 6 months but i suspected he had the skills - putting things into his mouth , chewing at things, rolling his tongue around , watching us - but then he watches everything -

so tried him with a bit of baby rice just to see and he readily ate it - so i guess he is ready - hardly spate any out - he was like an expert ^evil^

love to all

Mini xx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya

Trudy - Olivia is indeed a clever girl ! - Ben will copy eventually boys are notorious slower than girls in new skills - he might just deligh in watching Olivia do new tricks ^evil^

i have just ordered a nursery swing for MBK from age 6 months to 36 months - for delivery wednesday - cant wait - he will love it - seeing as he loves the battery operated ones he tried one out at his little friends house - he manged to swing it himself so big swing for my MBK me thinks ^evil^

love to all the mommies and babies

Mini xx

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi mummys and babies
we are back we have had a lovely holiday,Thomas as loved it he esp loves swimming weve been in the pool and in his paddling pool every afternoon at the caravan.
he was crawling all over cammando style before we went but now hes crawling with his arms up and INTO everything we def need eyes in the back of our heads,he loves fireplaces hes brill hes so happy and smiles all teh time.teh h.v is coming in the morning to do his 7mth check.
Can I ask Thoams is on sma gold should I now change to sma progess now hes 7mths.
Camilla I've been giving thomas finger foods for a bit now for thomas to get used to I gave him fingers of toast with crust cut off,banana or heniz organic biscuits that he loves which I carry around in his nappy bag in case he gets peckish,also battons of carrots at first he hardly ate any but now theres hardly any waste esp toast,also last week  gave him some white choc which he loved-think hes got a sweet tooth like mummy ;D
Zoe nice to hear from you I wondered where you where.when Thomas was 6mths we decided to not use anything and hopefully we will get another miracle,I'm very doubtfull as it didnt work for 5yrs before Thomas but you never known.dh as alwayt said we wouldnt have anymore treatment and I understood is reasons and agree with him as the money could be spent on thomas and I bet its hard doing treatment while you have another child but teh other day dh said how long would you leave it til we strart treatment again I said we are not as teh money could go on Thomas but he said we could try on elast time as Thomas needs a brother or sister this was a shock to me as once dh says no esp with important issues he means it but he said I know you want another one and you usually get your own way,but I just donet know as I think once we get back on the treatment treadmill It is hard to get off it,so i think we are going to leave it a fews years to see if it works naturally then see how we feel.its sounds promising for your dh an dyou now you are clear.sorry I rambled on there..................... ;D ^idiot^ ;D ^idiot^
Mini Glad Mbk enjoyed his baby rice,Thomas didnt stick long with baby rice as it was too bland for him.What is mbk real name??? sorry I've forgot.
Dee well done Freddie on his glowing report,its Thomas 7mth check tomorrow shes coming with soem freebies,Lovely photo of Freddie Thoma sas also got teh carnival was well as loads more my living room looks like a toy shop,weve just got him the v-tech walker which he likes hes trying to pull himself up now and when you put him on the floor he doesnt bend his legs he wants to stand up.
Weve just bought a digital camera so hopefully I migt be able to get some photos on here,is it easy???
Trudy well doen Olivia on rolling,I'm sure Ben wont be long.
well bed is calling I've all ready got 4 loads of washing done it just need hanging out hope its nice tomorrow them I've got the dreaded ironing :(
Hope everyone else is ok
love Gemma and Thomasxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.