Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to Portugal in June and I'm just completing a new passport form for my daughter. It doesn't say anywhere that I need to enclose her birth certificate.

Is that correct or am I being ^idiot^??!!

x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
You definitely need to enclose it! We did our girls' ones recently.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
If you do the check and send at the PO they will tell you if you are missing any thing

Have a nice holl  :)

Kelli

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't make it very clear that you need to but have dug it out! Thanks CM ^hugme^

I'm going to get that done, used it for mine and much quicker!

x

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I have just got fraja as we travel in 9 days. you do need to enclose. as you can see in my ticker that is her passport photo  ;D

just changed my ticker now so not passport photo

mitch
x

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a great pic ;D she'll love that when she's older!!

Thanks so much Mitch.

x

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hi

I enclosed mine too when I got the passport done at xmas time. The info is on the separate doc but not entirely clear.

Steph

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Im doing Ambers at the moment too, yes has to be full birth cert too I think (rather than short version)..  I had to get a professional pic in the end as the pics from the booth kept being rejected, was only £5.99 for 4, let me know if you want his details as hes fairly local to us  xx

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fluffy ^hugme^ reckon it should be okay as her eyes are open and you can see her full face, white background and no sign of me! Going to check with the post office to see if it would be accepted.

If not I'll let you know though!

x

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Just a quick add on

It's the birth certificate that has you on their as the mother, unlike me who sent the shorter version  ^idiot^

Sharon xx

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
best of luck!  I'm just waiting to get A's countersigned now!  hard finding a professional person who's free and also not related to me already  ^idiot^.   On my booth pics, the pic was clear and no sign of me but apparently her head wasn't big enough  ::)  A is younger though so maybe Molly's will be of better size  ;D    can't believe how fussy they are!!  Will send u a message on ** soon xxx

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sharon - as far as I can remember we paid extra for the long version of birth cert but will double check.

Helen - hope you get someone, not easy is it ::) I can't believe the requirements they have for a babies photo ::) how can you make your baby's head bigger??!! :eek: ;D

Speak soon.

x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Those of you who haven't taken your baby's passport photo yet, check out www.paspic.com - it's a brilliant service, very quick & affordable :)

/links

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
word of caution we went to a polaroid shop and got matts picture done, we then fast tracked his application and got an appointment at the office where his picture was happily accepted at the counter - then got a phone call to say his pic wasn't acceptable it was too light. What a joke - it's darker than the picture on the info they send you! Have kicked up holy hell, what is the point in staff accepting the picture if it's only going to be rejected by the computer they should have some sort of system to check it when its handed in. I also know of people who have had conflicting advice from the Post office. I think it depends who is checking the form at the time.

makes me laugh though, matt is just over 4 months in his picture, he will look nothing like that in 2/3 years time yet he can still travel on his passport?? Stealth tax if you ask me. (just bitter about the price)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts