Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have PCO and just about to start my third cycle of Clomid.  My husband has just received his SA results and he has only 8% morphology, which our Fertility Dr said was not good.  I have started to read up on morphology as the Dr didn't give us any information, and I have read that you can increase the morphology by cutting out caffeine, but if anyone can give me any other advice we would really appreciate it.  We don't see our Fertility Dr until 7 July when my husband has to do another SA, but it seems such a long time away and we want to do anything we can to try and improve it by then.

KellyT

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Kelly

It takes about 3 months before any change in diet etc comes through in the sperm.

The things I would suggest trying (Marylin Glenville):

Reduce caffine and alcohol ( completely if poss)
Eat organic and unrefined foods where poss
Take MG Fertility Plus for Men plus 30mg of Q10 3* day, 1000mg vit C 1/day, 1000mg linseed oil /day
Drink plenty of water (at least 2ltrs)

FWIW DH and I were ecstatic when our counts improved to 7%.  I believe that the normal is 15% and at our clinic below 5 is an indicator for ICSI

HTH

Clare

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
hi kelly
you might have read my post on male factor. i wrote initially in november last year after my DF was diagnosed with 100% abnormal morphology! we were devastated - utterly shocked. however after 3months of NO baths, jacuzzi, no boxers at night. and vitamins etc - in January he tested again and all was normal. My friend (a GP) got pregnant and her DH morphology was only 10%. So , anything is possible. We think my DF may have had a virus or some kind of trauma that may have contributed to the problem. OR our urologist suggested that the NHS hospital that we went to didn't have a very good reputation for identifying morphology or motility - so that's something to think about. i suggest 3 months of lifestyle change and you might get a better result.
eva xx

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eva04,

Thanks for replying, that is reassuring to hear.  I have put my hubby on Wellman and Vitamin C & Zinc, as I have read that these can all help.  I have also banned caffeine.  He is having another SA in July, so fingers crossed we may see a better result then.

Kelly

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hi Kelly
I agree with eva there are lots of things that can be done to improve your dh overall count and morphology often there can be blips in the count that are related to being ill or having taken antibiotics or other prescribed drugs. Life style changes and suppliments are important and understanding that each sperm takes 3months to make, so it depends on how and what he was doing three months ago to what his sperm is doing today.
Other complimentary therapies can also help check out this link

http://www.thehealthcentre.com.au/files/TCM%20treatment%20of%20Male%20sub%20fertility.pdf

also consider homeopathy as it has shown to have very positive results. It has increased my dh count morphology and motility it takes time but can work.

hope this helps
remember these therapies can also help with your pcos too

good luck

FEW ;D

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi as you can see my darling hubby had 99% abnormal morphology.  But after a course of Tamoxifen there was improvement.  Sadly the motility is still not quite right, but the andrologist called my hubby a clever boy after his tamoxifen :)

I was absolutely gutted when we first found out, and so was DH thinking it was all his fault, bless him

Hope you get things sorted ^fairydust^

wendyxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.