Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

Has anyone else heard that after giving birth your PCOS can go away, and that your body is more fertile. I lost my twins aged 23w1day on 10th Feb, and they were our first children after trying for years and then being put on clomid.

Does anyone else have any expereince similar to mine.

thanks
kalsoom
xx

·
Registered
692 Posts
Oh hun, I'm so so very sorry for your loss  ^hugme^ I cant begin to imagine what you have gone/ are going through.

Mixed response to your question. I have PCOS and unfortunately it seems that my symptoms of PCOS are back, no ovulation, hair, spots etc.  Hence I am back on the Metformin in the hope that this will help.  On a more positive note however I do have a friend who has 2 little girls.  After years of suffering from PCOS, her first daughter was born with the help of clomid and then the second was concieved naturally and born only 19months later.  Two years on she has a normal (ish) cycle and although she still has weight/ hair issues they are significantly improved. So clearly it can and does happen.

^pray^ for positive news for you hun. Take care of yourself.  ^hugme^

Mel x 

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I'm so sorry to read of you loss ^hugme^ must be a very hard time.
I had Isabel in Jan 07 and noticed after that my cycles were a lot better than before where they could have been 50-60 days easily, they were down to 30-40 so still long cycles but not half as long, I could see after about 9 months that cycles were starting to get more erractic again so we decided to TTC#2 sooner rather than later and I am very happy and lucky to say my 1st cycle of monitring my ovluation we got a very surprise BFP, I think the 1st pregnancy did help my body to know what it was doing.
I did find in my 1st pregnacny most of my PCOS signs disappeared and I looked better than I did in ages spot wise etc but this time I've not been so lucky so I will be interested to see what happens when I've had this baby

·
Registered
356 Posts
It took us years to concieve our first, a change in diet and clomid and the threat of IUI for the following month worked in the end.
The doctors said that if we wanted another we would have to go through the stress all again.  Then 6 months after our son was born the little stick showed a BFP.  As you can imagine we were completely shocked but over the moon.  So I think it did help, I wouldn't say I was cured but my cycles were more regular etc.

Sorry to hear of your loss and hope it all goes well for you.

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Hi

I have to say that I am with the others in that my cycle was much more regular after the birth of my son.  Unfortunately the rest of the symptoms were still there but I am not quite sure how they compared as I went back on the metformin quite early on.  I conceived again when my son was 13mths old so I think a previous pregnancy helped as it took me years the first time around.  Sorry to hear of your loss  ^hugme^  I am sure you will get your dream soon now your body knows how to do it  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Fluffs xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts