Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone was diagnosed with PCOS and had a healthy pregnancy.  I'm currently 12 weeks (almost 13) and am just stopping the progesterone injections, metformin and estrogen.  I'm so nervous stopping because my initial problem was a hormone imbalance.  Just hoping to hear some positive advice (even though my dr isn't worried).  Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hi R4F

I had a healthy pregnancy and i have severe PCOS. In fact i had a brilliant pregnancy. My only problem was high blood pressure 2 weeks before i had Joe. Other than that it was great. Hope you enjoy yours as much.

Love kim  x x

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kim for responding.  I'm such a worrier so it's nice to know that others have had a healthy baby while having pcos.  Can I ask you if you took any meds during your pregnancy.  I've just been told to stop the progesterone shots, and to stop taking estrogen and metformin.  Also, I've had conflicting thoughts on baby aspirin...my fertility dr told me to take the aspirin all the way to birth and my obstetrician told me to stop.  It's so confusing and I don't know what to do.

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hiya

No i didnt take anything apart from the cyclogest which i stopped at 12 weeks and folic acid which was stopped at about the same time.
I never knew about metformin then but with my last two cycles they told me to stop as soon as i got a positive. Cant say about the aspirin cos i never took it so wouldnt want to comment. You could ask your fertility doc why you should take it all the way as your OB is saying stop.

Wish you a happy healthy pregnancy though.

Love Kim x x x

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much...you've made me feel better.

Your little boy is beautiful!  Congrats.

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Your welcome and thankyou too.

love Kimx  x x

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi there,
yes i am due in four weeks and had a very healthy pregnancy so far ,just the norm pregnancy alis ,text book if any thing so try not to worry im sure your will be fine
take joani xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Hi R4F

I have 'severe' pcos apparently and so far, so good! I had quite a bit of ovary pain while my body got used to the different hormones and occasionally they are painful as their location in my body changes, but apart from that, absolutely fine!

I hope everything is ok for you too

Take care X

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello oink,

I remember you from the cycle buddies thread.  Thanks for writing.  I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for you.  I'm at the end of the 17th week now.  We don't have our scan until next week, but I figure it's a good sign that my stomach is getting bigger (either that, or it's just from eating more).  It's great to hear that once pcos women become pregnant, our bodies are still able to sustain the pregnancy. 

All the best to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I seen your post and i had too reply, i have PCOS and i fell pregnant on our 1st shot off IVF and i now have lovely twins a girl (brodi) and a boy (kyle) they are nearly 11months old and i never had one bit off bother apart from very bad sickness which they put down too having twins, i never took asprin either but i have heard off people taken them if your un sure contact your doctor and ask why you have to take them!!

I also went till i was 37weeks pregnant and i only had them 3weeks early due too them starting me as i was fed up, they said alot off people have twins earlier than that so just goes too show you can have a heathy pregnancy with PCOS.....

All the best
Love Louise x

·
Registered
92 Posts
HI THERE,

I HAD PCOS, JUST 1 PERIOD IN MY WHOLE LIFE! MIRACULOUSLY I FELL PREGNANT NATURALLY AND CAN HONESTLY SAY I FELT THE HEALTHIEST I'VE EVER FELT, REALLY BLOOMED!  I DIDN'T HAVE TO TAKE AS MUCH AS A PARACETAMOL FOR THE WHOLE 9 MTHS. I STILL COULDN'T RELAX THOUGH, I MUST ADMIT TO EATING ICE-CUBES ON MANY OCCASIONS TO GET MY BABY TO MOVE, FAIR TO SAY I WAS OBSESSED WITH COUNTING THE MOVEMENTS!
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, DO TRY TO RELAX AND ENJOY IT EVEN THOUGH I AM SURE LIKE ME YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS BIT TO BE OVER SO YOU HAVE YOUR BABY IN YOUR ARMS AND YOU KNMOW ITS REAL AND EVERYTHINGS OK.

WELL GOOD LUCK HOPE YOUR PREGNANCY IS MARVELLOUS!
AND MOTHERHOOD EVEN BETTER!

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your wonderful and encouraging news.  I am now 19 weeks so I'm feeling better about it.  I still don't understand how I didn't have the correct hormones (or mix of them), but yet somehow my baby thriving.  The body is amazing. 

1 - 12 of 12 Posts