Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for losing weight associated with pcos. I'm not on any medication and am not trying to conceive at the moment. I've done Weight Watchers without cheating, I do aerobics twice a week and walk 2 miles a day. My GP said it'll be extremely hard to lose the weight with pcos and didn't offer any help. I've seen various boards about Metformin or low carb diets, do these work, can anyone give me more info or other suggestions?

Thanks!
Becca

·
Registered
622 Posts
The best thing I have found Becca is finding what is right for you it is hard I know, I have suffered some really bad diets which have made me quite ill and given up and personally I believe if you can find the right healthy eating plan and an excersis regime this is the best thing to do

Mel

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Hi Becca,

A number of the books about PCOS mention a Low GI diet,
My doctor has recommended trying it and has referred me to a dietician - Appt 15th oct - I will let you know how it goes.

There is also a fairly new book out called - The new glucose Guide to living well with PCOS, the front cover says - Lose weight, Boost fertility, and gain control over pos with the Glycemic Index.
There is also a pcos diet book.

Must admit i havent tried any of these, my glucose guide only arrived in the post yesterday. I did find WW good, it took a long while but managed to lose 3 stone.

Good Luck,
Debs xx   

1 - 3 of 3 Posts