Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

if you have PCOS can you donate your eggs? I have PCOS and DH has low counts.....so we have to go for ICSI. We had hoped that we could do egg doantion to reduce costs, but i just read that PCOS is not good for egg donation........does it depende on severity of PCOS? Any ideas out there?

thanks,
Ruth.

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi Ruth,

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to donate the eggs. Can you ask at the clinic if they are prepared to do it for you?

Best of luck,
Chux

·
Registered
683 Posts
hi ruth,
yes you can donate your eggs if you have pcos, i have pcos and i went for my consultation to be an egg donor yesterday and pcos is not a problem.
best wishes
kia.x

·
Registered
604 Posts
It depends really, I went to a consultation about egg donation a couple of weeks ago and althought on list presentation they saids women with pcos can't usually donate, when i spoke to the lady after she said normally it is OK, it would depend on your medical hisotiry & severity of pcos as well.

Might be just as wll ringing the directo of your clinic offering egg share to see what their protocol is.

Chick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, I joined this board so I could post some positive thoughts for you all. I was diagnosed with pcos 10 years ago at the age of 24. I went through all the fertility malarkey and was eventually told that I would never conceive naturally, two years later I had a baby boy... naturally! Because I was so shocked and excited by this, I waited two years then went to a clinic in London and donated 22 eggs so that someblody else who was having trouble conceiving could have a child. The recipient ended up having twins!! Although the egg donation isn't the nicest thing in the world to do, the discomfort is minimal and the satisfaction you get from helping someone makes it all worth it. The clinic had no problem with my pcos, they just monitored my hormones a little closer and generally kept an eye on me. If you can do it, do and I wish you all luck!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Dear Becca,
What fantastic news! I hope you don't mind me asking but when you became pregnant did you have many symptoms, such as overweight, hair growth or irregular cycles?

I'm really impressed that you donated your eggs like that. Good one!
Love, Rowena. :-*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Rowena,

I had my little boy five years ago now and pregnancy was fairly normal and my cycle went back to being it's usual erratic self afterwards! My main problems with pcos are the cycles and the weight gain and I still have those. I've always decided against going on the pill to regulate my cycle as I can cope with the irregularity and I've probably used my miracle allowance in conceiving once! I'm thinking of seeing my GP about Metformin though as I've read on one of the other boards about weight loss on that and nothing else seems to be working...

Becca

1 - 7 of 7 Posts