Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , hope someone can help.

Bit of background info

i've had 7 cycles of IUI, 2 natural, 5 with clomid, bit of an ovualtion problem going on.  Clomid produced good sized follies but no pg and progesterone levels were borderline mids 20's to mid 30's each cycle.  Doc decided to put me on stims for 8th IUI, so last tx down-reg and started stims on 75 of Menopaur, increased to 75/150 every other day on day 15, oestrogen levels rose but highest they went to was about 350, however as i have slight PCOS i had loads of the little blighters!, anyway on day 27 of stims i went for scan and lining had gone, follies gone and got my period the next day.

This cycle, no down-regulation, started stims at 75, increased to 75/150 every other day on day 5, went for scan today, 16 follies all at 7mm or under and lining at 5mm, oestrogen levels were 150!

They have suggested that i start next month but at 150 from the start or maybe think about IVF.

My concernes about doign IUI again is that i will produce too many follies but of not great quality and basically waste money which could be put towards IVF.  Has anyone been in this same situation and could give me some advice.  I know if i have IVF i will be on a higher dose but as i have pcos will i not produce too many and over-respond????

I am just so gutted this has happened again to me.... also i am overweight and my clinic will not treat me unless i lose about 2 1/2 stone, but will refer me to another clinic which is hospital based and therefore equipped to revive should i try and croak it!!

Thanks so much xxxx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Alex

I'M sorry you've been all through these iuis and no results .

I have PCOS and had 1x iui which was negative to , I'm hoping to start IVF next month and what they do is they control your complete cycle , so i hope this helps you

·
Registered
366 Posts
Alex,
I have pcos and am 9weeks 2days pregnant with twins.  I had 3 IUIs - the first was cancelled because I didn't respond(50iu) the second and 3rd (150iu, 75iu) I overresponded so they gave me follicle reductions.  Because I produced so many I went to IVF - strangely I under responded on 100 iu and had to up the dose to 150 then 200.  But I got 15 eggs and 8 fertilised.  The rest is history cos it worked!!!!

Personally IVF was the best move I made - but it may not be the right move for everyone.  I also took metformin a diabetic treatment to improve my egg quality, has anyone discussed this with you? It may possibly help with weight as pcos is linked to insulin in some weird way and it makes it difficult for some pcos sufferers to lose weight. They will monitor you carefully and I also think that with the IVF long protocol you are less likely to over stimulate - but I am not 100% sure of that.

Hope this helps,

Fitouxx

G

·
Hi Alex
I also have PCOS and am slowly (very hard) losing weight, we are about to embark on our first cycle and our consultant has put me on 850 mg of metformin twice a day (also to improve egg quality, and re-balance the insulin intake and weight issues).
My consultant has told me I will be on the lower dose and carefully monitored to see how I am reacting due to the pcos.
Good luck! xx

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks girls

I been on Metformin since Last September and no weight loss at all!  In fact i have put back on 18 lbs of weight that i lost last summer since starting clomid and metformin!!

Re the long protocol in IVF, thats effectivly what i was doing anyway except EC/ET, did the tablets, then sniffing, then injecting.

Have decided that im going to wait until i have had 2 periods, try and lose wreight and then see what happens.

Thanks for your advice xx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi FITOU,

I JUST READ YOUR REPLY TO ALEX ABOUT PSOC AND METFORMIN ,

I HAVE PSOC AND I HAVE HAD 1 XIUI WHICH FAILED I WAS SO DISAPOINTED SO NOW IM GOING ON TO HAVE IVF AND IM FEELING VERY SCARED OF GOING THROUGH WITH THE PROCEADURE IM NOT VERY GOOD WITH BEEING PULLED AROUND BUT I MUST SAY YOU HAVE JUST GAVE ME A BIT OF POSSIBLE THINKING , AND CONGRATULATONS WITH YOUR TWINS YOU MUST BE OVER THE MOON ENJOY EVERY MINIUTE OF IT , THANKS

LOVE MADDI XXX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.