Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,i have read quite a few posts where people have had treatment delayed because a cyst was found on thier ovary.i have pcos so have multiple cysts anyway,so does anybody know how this will affect my treatment and potential outcome??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow your history is uncannily like mine.  PCO, dd age 4, Clomid, then Metformin, Ov drilling etc!!  All i know is that my stimulant (Gonal F) was increased because of the PCO and though it did the job, i also m/c twins in May 2005

shamrock63

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hello Sugar Puff  :)

The cysts you get with PCOS are quite small, and as you say, there are lots of them. The cysts that interrupt treatment are bigger and are not good news if they are oestrogen sensitive as they will continue to grow during treatment, and any eventual pregnancy, when oestrogen levels rise.

I have PCOS which meant that I produced lots of follicles (30 in all), but that it was a bit of a balancing act for the cons to get them all to grow at the same rate so that you have mature eggs to harvest.

PCOS potentially makes you more prone to ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (which I got and therefore had to have embryos frozen), and also to larger cysts, in addition to the little ones you normally have with PCOS. It's quite common to get these cysts after IVF treatment I think. The ones I had were about 2cm across, (which is not much smaller than a normal ovary).
But they can get much bigger than that if they continue to grow - they fill up with fluid and sometimes have to be drained.

Hope this helps...

Good luck with your treatment
Cecilie x

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks cecilie yes that does make things clearer,it's amazing when you're sitting in the consultants office and they say "have you got any questions?",and your mind goes blank!,have thought of so many since then,luckily all you ladies have answered pretty much all of them :)
                  thanks carlene

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hi Girls,
        I also have pcos, have been ttc 3 years and been on clomid since last November ^bigbad^ am on my 2nd last clomid cycle then i think am going on ivf waitinglist, is really useful to read these post, thanks,
                                                  twiggy xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.