Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well girls having been so righteous about the GI diet I broke today and gave in to a massive craving for an almond croissant - my only consolation is that is was a small one and that every mouthful was BLISS!! Beginning to rev up for round 2 of IVF just waiting for AF to start which should be sometime this weekend, this was our rest cycle after going through IVF in Feb and it has been a bit weird in that I have absolutely no signs of sore bbs (first time ever, they usually start a week before AF) and I am not the grump from hell, I wonder if the IVF meds last month affected my body?? Not complaining though. Hope everyone is ok
S x

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
hello,
sorry to hear u got a negative sicknote, u sound so brave and positive  ^hugme^

i got some bad news today and im gutted, my last op to fix my hydro tube hasnt worked. i had a hsg today and my tube is still blocked.  :'(
Ive had 3 ops on my tubes recently and im loosing hope.

ive had hsgs before and never found them too painfull but this one was agony, it hurt so much i felt like i was gonna throw up. my dr said i was having spasms- seriously painfull.

It seems another op is on the cards, either to remove it or a similar op to last time, its such a drain emotionally and financially.

i have 3 months to decide which option to take and in the mean time im on monitored clomid cycles.  such fun!  :(

sorry for the down me post but todays news has done me in.
tomorrow i will feel better im sure, ive just ordered a pizza  :-[  i know its naughty but i cant resist today. comfort food.  :p

im not smoking though but must confess to having a few last night when i was a bit drunk.  pleasse dont tell me off though  :-\

love to all

G

·
Nikki thank's for the good luck Nikki, I do hope that I am not insulin resistant I don't think I could cope with anything else being wrong  :'(.

Well I feel off the wagon tonight and had a big fat bowl of pasta for my tea  ^evil^.  I am going to start again twomorrow.

Can you girls please tell me about the lemon water detox thing  ;D you have all been taking.  The recipe and tell me what it is meant to do.

Ju I am sorry about you bfn, I hope you really enjoy you holiday and you come back fighting fit for your next TX.

Speak to you all soon

Love Charlotte

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
HI ALL

sorry to hear u got a negative sicknote think positive for the future

summer so sorry to hear that your op hasn't worked I'm thinking of you take care

Charlotte good luck with your GP tomorrow

Ju sorry to hear about you bfn have a great holiday

i will catch up properly later take care all
                                love baby wisper

·
Registered
174 Posts
Summer what rotten news, hang in there girl we are all thinking of you :)
Sara

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi everyone, the weekend is nearly here.

Sicknote - Sorry about your BFN  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Summer - Sorry about your op.

I am now on day 40 of cycle and it looks like my Af is not coming :(.  My hopes were up after my last AF, which was my first for years.  It may be because I have not been following any diet and I have been eating everything.  I am trying to get back into but I have lost all my will power.  I love bread and I was eating Brugen but I have gone off it.  I was going to go back to DR to ask to go onto Clomid again, because I thought things were happening with Metformin, but I do not know what to do now.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Hope the weather improves, it makes everyone so down and depressed when it keeps raining.

Snickersxxx  ^daisy^ ^daisy^ ^daisy^

G

·
Hi Girl's

Well my GP has booked me in for a blood test for diabetes, but she has said that I may not get a true reading as I am already on metformin :(. But she did say that if my levels are high then I will need to change my medication and my diet :(. As for the pain's she said that it could be that a cyst has erupted, but it could also be the fact that I have been suffering from constipation for a few weeks on and off (sorry for the tmi :-*) and that can cause the type of pain I was telling her. I have been given something for it and she has just told me to give it 2 weeks if it is still the same then to go back and she will take the next step and go in for a lap/scan.

Hi summer I am sorry that your op didn't work ^hugme^

Sicknote, I am very sorry about your bfn ^hugme^ ^hugme^ take care.

Speak to you soon

Love Charlotte

·
Registered
174 Posts
Chazz good luck with the test let us know what happens. Summer hope you are feeling a bit better today ?
Snickers, the waiting is awful I wish I could help you out but sometimes our bodies just do what they want even if it drives us mad! I don't know any sure way of getting AF to get here (other than not wanting her to arrive of course!) 

After hoping against all hope that I might be pregnant this cycle the witch arrived yesterday in full force  :( . So on to IVF #2 for me, went in for the Day 2 scan today (I am doing the short protocol) and have been told to start puregon injections early i.e today to help produce more eggs this time round, so fingers crossed and please let my body behave. I feel tired and negative which I know is not the right attitude to start IVF with, I just hope it is AF making me feel bad and that my optimism will pick up soon.

Hope everyone else is ok. Talk soon
Sara x

·
Registered
65 Posts
Summer sorry to hear about your op result :( Keep strong hun. :-*

Charlotte good luck with the test :) think positive.
The lemon drink you were asking about is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Great for constipation and all over detox. I used to take fybogel and that didn't work as much as the lemon drink does.
Here is a recipe Put once slice of lemon, washed with the skin on, in the glass. Press the lemon while in the glass with a spoon to get the juices out, pour boiling water to fill the glass 3/4, cover it and drink it in the morning. You can also prepare one before you go to bed and drink it hot.

I've been having one at night (hot) and one in the morning (cold) and once you start don't stop and stick to your routine. I have been drinking it for over a week now and wouldn't change it for the world, it made a huge difference.

Sara keep positive and don't give up. As you say it's wrong to feel negative while on treatment.

thinking of you all :-*

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys sorry I haven't been posted much lately - just having a bit of a time at home with stuff and thoughts of my  ^angel^ Connor - I am ok though so don't worry.

Summer - Pizza booze and cigs - hun I have been there with bad news - hope you enjoyed it as you needed some enjoyment after that news hun  ^hugme^.  Don't ever apologies for being down on here, this is one place you are allowed to be down and rant hun.  Hope you are feeling better and more +ve this weekend.

Snickers - sorry about no AF - its a nightmare, remember when I have no AF for ages then one came and the following month I was like a cat on a hot tin roof.  Sometimes our lives are run by our AF, even when we weren't aware of fertility problems our AF's still ruled our life - damn things! (Hope that makes sense) - How you doing now hun?

Chazz hun sorry not the news you wanted and more waiting - its like you go to see a Dr in the hope of good news or action at least then they tell you its a waiting game - grrrrr - you walk away sometimes feeling more crap!  Stick with it hun, you have us to rant too.

SaraD -  ^hugme^ That damn AF again, wish you'd had the news you wanted.  Here for you hun.

Sicknote - How you doing mate?

Hope everyone else is ok.  Love you guys and sorry not been posting properly these last few days.

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MrsR  -  I drink a lot of lemon just in cold water, squashed down to release the lemon juice - does that have the safe effect as the water cooled down over night would you say?

G

·
Hi all

MrsR, can I ask just what the lemon drink has done for you?

I will let you all know my results and thank you all for asking.

Well AF was due yesterday and nothing  :-\. I am not getting my hopes up as I was devastated last month when AF was a day late.  I did the test, you know girls the one you do with batted breath and then you only get 1 line  :'(.  So I am going to give it a while longer before even thinking about testing.  Know this makes me a coward but it took 3 days for me to stop crying, let alone get my hear around not being pg :-[.

God that felt good  :).  It is so nice to be able to talk to you girl's on here.  I feel like I connect with you all.  I am so sorry if that sounds lame ::) But feel all warm and fuzzy when I talk to you all.  ^daisy^ ^smlove^

Hope your all OK

Love Charlotte

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doesn't sound silly at all Chazz, nice to feel connected to people when we need support.

AF's grrrr, mine was 4 day early this time so couldn't even start to think possibly so this month I am just thinking sod it to the possibility of getting pregnant - feeling too knackered to even try (tmi sorry), plus too much going on around me and in my head right now.

Also work tomorrow - weekend over with and I am still knackered!

Anyways..............I have my  ^angel^ Connor by my side and he is all I need right now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nikki and Chazz sending you both a big hug as I think you could do with one right now  ^Cuddle^ , sending you all the support in the world ...

Sara xx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nikki I would think it's best to use the hot water to cool it down then the lemon has more chance to infuse in it  :)

Charlotte the lemon drink made me less constipated as I used to have lots of probs with that. Where now I go 2x a day  ;D Also it's a good detox to the body, apparently gets rid of the toxins as it contains vit c. I found the info on some site, I will try to look for it and post it on here  ;)

Good luck  ^hugme^

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wel how's this for a tailspin moment, found out last night that my little nephew that I saw on the weekend and cuddled forever has shingles ... did i stay calm .. no I certainly did not !!!! ^zombie^ Wouldn't have minded normally but because I am on Day 6 of stimms I got utterly paniced .. DH said I cannot contract anything because I have had chickenpox as a kid and I am sure he is right so I did eventually calm down after the 57th time of telling ( ;D ), will check with my clinic as well but hey at least I am only growing follies would have been so much worse if I had been in the  2ww. Didn't panic on my sister though (well much anyway) so hopefully was nice and supportive to her as she is on her own trying to cope (her DH is travelling on business). Anyway sorry, enough about me ... hope you are all ok, tried the lemon drink yesterday very nice thanks for that ... also linseeds scattered over cereal are very good at keeping you regular (tmi ? ;D ), but as I am upping my metformin dose to 1500mg tomorrow I don't think that is going to be a problem  :eek:  ^shake^ 

Love to you all
Sara x

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Hello girls,
Sorry ive not been about much, thankyou all for the thoughtfull messages concerning my op results, i was feeling so down and your messages really helped me.

I am feeling a little better, not the happiest ive been but im getting used to the news and thinking about my next step now. its all so confusing!
^confused^

I hope you are all ok and feeling positive!  ^reiki^

sara, good luck with the extra metformin! dont stary too far from a loo, just in case!  :eek: 
Good luck with the follie growing!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

MrsR, i sometimes make myself the hot lemon drink, i always squeeze half a lemon in a cup of hot water, do u think thats the same kinda benefit?  it tastes nice though and keeps me away from regular tea and coffee.

Nikki, i hope u r ok hun. hows the healthy eating going? r u on track for the wedding drees to fit perfectly? im sure u r.
Its nice to hear that Connor gives u hope and strength hun, that really is positive.  ^hugme^

chazz,  whats the news with your af?  let us know!  ^reiki^

snickers, how about your af? still not here? I never had a period at all for two years and metformin didnt bring it on either, it was only when my dr gave me actos that i now get a fairly regular period. maybe u can ask your dr about this? ps) whats brugen?

Hello to Petal and baby whisper, whats your news? any gossip for us?

Thanx again for all you support, stay positive!  ^reiki^

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.